Help Please - Going to view a DC5

MadMaxCTR

Advanced Member
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/914966.htm

Hi Guys,

I'm an ex CTR owner and hoping to make the step up to a nice DC5.

I'm viewing the one above and it think it looks all fine, apart from I’ve just noticed there is NO mention of it being a Type-R and you'll note it has no badges at all.

I'm presuming it is just de-badged but my question is, is there any way to tell if it is a Type-R.

Also, as I’m a bit of a newbie is there any advice on what I should be checking/asking for apart from below.

* Undersealing
* BITMA certificate
* Service history/oil change

Thanks for any assistance and hopefully I’ll be a DC5 owner soon enough

Cheers

Max

Hoodster

Advanced Member
It is a type r but I would want to know why its been debadged though just in case its been respayed to cover damage.

JT3173

Advanced Member
Well mate, it sure is a Type R as its a DC5, the DC5 bit is the key, as is the EP3 on your old car. It can only be a Type R with that first bit of the Chassis number if you know what I mean.
The C pack optional extra stuff, rear wiper, starter button, electric mirrors is all there, as is the Titanium pack, the silver gear surround and door handle surrounds.
It has nice and expensive wheels on it, you could sell them and get some OEM's if you like them better and still have some money for other good mods too like a second hand GruppeM intake and KPRO ECU, just a thought.
It all looks pretty nice tbh, I would get the Type R decals and badges back on, they will be about 150 for the rear two badges and two side decals off ebay or from Honda but will cost more.
I would be looking for BITMA, undersealing, service history, regular oil changes, timing chain check, valve clearences, condition of the oil, any worrying rattles, HPI Check etc.
I would also check all the body panels to see if they have equal gap spacings, any signs of re painiting such as in the engine bay, boot area, under door seals etc.
Oh, the fluid levels look a little low on the engine photo, find out when they were last checked and replaced and check for wear on the seat bolsters, drivers especilly. This can be repaired but at extra cost.
Good luck and hope that helps. :)

MadMaxCTR

Advanced Member
Cheers guys,

Any comments on the price, listed at £11K so imagine it might go for about £10-10.5K

JT3173

Advanced Member
MadMaxCTR said:
Cheers guys,

Any comments on the price, listed at £11K so imagine it might go for about £10-10.5K
Not too bad, seen worse prices but knock him down a few due to the expense of replacing decals etc, do your research first though with regards to cost and have a look at a few other examples. I guess what I am saying is dont rush in and buy the first thing you see, there are some well sorted and prized cars on this forum that pop up for sale from time to time.
Oh, I had a black DC2 and it looked the dogs but, it scratched so easily!!!!

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
I got mine a month ago same mileage for £10,495 so price is about right!

Good luck chap!

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
On the chassis number:

It has to have LA-DC5 then the number to be a type r
The is model is also marked DC5 on the chassis but is no type r (160ps iirc)
I'm sure the yank rsx has DC5 on the chassis tag but that's not a type r either.

LeeH

Advanced Member
LA-DC5 ITR said:
I'm sure the yank rsx has DC5 on the chassis tag but that's not a type r either.
=D>

JT3173 said:
Well mate, it sure is a Type R as its a DC5, the DC5 bit is the key, as is the EP3 on your old car. It can only be a Type R with that first bit of the Chassis number if you know what I mean.
[-X

:xlol: Loving the new smiley pack :green:

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
Mine is advertised at £9595, it is a bit newer and I will guarantee it is in as good nick or probably better. I can understand if you really want a black one, but I would drive down to yours tomorrow if there was a chance of a sale!

JT3173

Advanced Member
SpideyMack said:
Mine is advertised at £9595, it is a bit newer and I will guarantee it is in as good nick or probably better. I can understand if you really want a black one, but I would drive down to yours tomorrow if there was a chance of a sale!
Did you get a sale?

MadMaxCTR, did you view the black car, if so, what did you think and what did you find?

MadMaxCTR

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
SpideyMack said:
Did you get a sale?

MadMaxCTR, did you view the black car, if so, what did you think and what did you find?
Hi mate,

Yeah I got the black one in the end. Yeah I was after a black to be honest.

Absolutely love it apart from the disaster that has happened.

I had the car for 1 week and went to visit the girlfriend at Leeds Uni. While parked overnight some pissed up fookers have vandalised it throwing beer bottles at it. Going through the insurance and the repairs are £4,000. Garage rang me yesterday to say there is massive part delays and in particular the rear windscreen (tinted c-pack one) is on back order until the end of June. Therefore, I am not going to have it back for approx 3 months...

Only had possession of it for 1 week and now its going to be in the garage for ages
:xmad:

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Thats a horrible read mate. :xrealangry: :xrealangry:

Hope everything gets sorted asap. :wink: