Help please guys-engine diagnosis-video included

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

As you can see the engine management light is constant and the ABS seems to flash. I've briged the wires using a paper clip to help diagnose a engine warning light I have had on/off for the past 2/3 months. It is away now but was more common on the colder nights,

The flashing ABS and engine warning light disappear when I take away the paper clip

Video is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVkvuT3T4W4

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Cam

dotty

Advanced Member
Hmm try your battery terminals.

I had the radio go on and off randomly recently. Checked my positive lead and it was slightly loose :eek:

Aldo the abs light went on and off as though it was in the first turn of the key mode.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply Dotty.

I am having problems with my alarm sometimes recently aswell, it can at times unlock the car when I press unlock(so its disengaged) but freaks out when I try and turn the key ?

The main reason I did the diagnosis was because I wondered whether my o2 sensor had gone as the car is a wee bit jerky but I think it may be because of a worn gearbox mount.

The light itself hasnt came on for a month but used to come on now and then in the colder weather which I thought was a bit odd.

dotty

Advanced Member
Sounds like an electrical gremlin.

A decent auto sparky should be able to diagnose.