Help rear engine mount needed

crasherkid

Advanced Member
Hi
When I change gears, I can hear and feel a click on the pedals. Sounds the same as when you slide the seat back and fourth it gives you that click sound.
I've been told it's the rear/lower engine mount that's either damage or worn and that it needs replacing.

Can anyone tell me where to source a reliable one?
Does it have to be genuine Honda part?

Seen this for £29 but not sure if it'll solve the issue -
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/122318898367

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Don't buy that one linked above, its plastic?!!! hahaha

New Honda one isn't expensive :) plenty of traders on here who could source one.

Or there is always aftermarket of course....however if I remember correctly you didn't like the feel of the vibrations with just a front insert fitted? , so probably wouldn't go aftermarket if that was the case as you will be back to squae one with the vibes potentially.

Buy cheap buy twice, I would just get a new Honda item, you know its ok then :)

gurrik

My lower mount went on mine too...Got Honda to look at it. What they recommended was that I buy a insert mount and get the oem part replaced.

In the end went for a powerflex insert and got them to do the rest.

think the total was over £100 tho as the oem part was pretty pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crasherkid

Advanced Member
Yes forgot to mention, I do not want any vibrations!!!
Am i right in saying, if i just replace the mount and not stick an insert in it, it won't vibrate right?

Also, can anyone recommend the cheapest place to buy hub centric wheel spacers?
I've got stock/oem alloys and intend to keep them so what is the maximum I should get? 15 or 20mm all around? Currently sat on Eibach black springs (pro I think)