Help regarding badges

ian85

So....

I‘ve just been washing the car and found out I‘m slowly losing both the Integra and Type R badges on the boot.

What‘s the best course of action here?

Going back to my youth (when de-badging cars was a thing) I used to heat up the glue with a hair dryer and slowly remove it from the body work....does anyone have better methods?

Can you still buy these badges new and genuine?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpstyper

Advanced Member
You can still get the badges new but if your looking to remove them for now there is a drill attachment called caramel wheel just a rubber wheel that removes the residue left from badge removal

skengdR

Advanced Member
You can still get them new and genuine , prices vary though .

I spent around £60-70 getting both pieces in the last month or two . Will be putting them on this week so I will upload a pic if you are interested .

I got the Integra piece from ebay and the Type R piece from Tegiwa .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ian85

skengdR said:
You can still get them new and genuine , prices vary though .

I spent around £60-70 getting both pieces in the last month or two . Will be putting them on this week so I will upload a pic if you are interested .

I got the Integra piece from ebay and the Type R piece from Tegiwa .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks guys!

Yeah be interested to see the end results bud! Send the pics over when you‘re done.

Have you already removed the old ones?

AJT13N

I've recently replaced my Integra (fell off during washing) and Type R badge (last sat before Japfest)

Bought both from Hendy Performance shop, around £50 delivered for both maybe slight more.
Bought a caramel wheel also to get rid of most of residue and left over, then went over quickly with polish and detailer to clean up.

but as I was replacing badges it allowed me to line them up again with bits left on car.

Couple of pics;

Andy

Tbre1994

Removed my integra badge recently mate, heated the glue and rolled it off with my finger then used a clay bar to remove the remaining residue. Took about 15mins and left nothing behind, then just a polish up after :)

ian85

Thought I would ask Honda for a quote on the 2 badges...just for something to compare the other prices to....

2 badges from Honda = £126

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
ian85 said:
Thought I would ask Honda for a quote on the 2 badges...just for something to compare the other prices to....

2 badges from Honda = £126

Should have included the front and rear H emblems too.

Theres another £200 on top.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk