Help setting up Tps?!

Huubess

Had trouble with my Tps got one ordered and going to put on when it comes just a bit baffeled on how to set it up loads of different ways talked about on foroums but need a easy effective way rather than 6 meters of wire as some guy said you needed and I have kpro if that helps would appreciate some help guys cheers

Kinli

Advanced Member
You can calibrate the TPS with kpro in kmanager. Without kpro it's a bit tricky.

Where did you order the TPS from? a OEM TPS unit only comes with the whole TB unit.

omni, hybrid racing, blox, etc. units are crap.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yep as above oem units are the best, pretty rare that an oem sensor has expired too.

Kinli

Advanced Member
The K-tuned billet TPS (both V1 and V2) are great units as well. I'm using a V1 at the moment (V2 wasn't available at the time of purchase).
I had a HR TPS before the K-tuned and it lasted about 200km.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
anybody have any issues with a skunk2 70mm TB and an oem tps? When i fitted mine the car would not rev past 2k rpm kind of bounced like a limiter. The TPS angle is different on the skunk2 TB. so i am thinking the tps is set up already turned a bit.

Kinli

Advanced Member
I have a skunk2 TB and I've used a oem tps, HR tps and now a K-tuned tps. The angle isn't a problem. All u need to do is recalibrate the TPS with k-pro in k-manager and all is good.

Kinli

Advanced Member
So how do I set it up with kpro just using the Tps percentage?
Engine off - connect kpro to computer - enable datalog - go to parameters / tps - press "read" for minimum throttle, then press the pedal to the floor, keep it there and press "read" for maximum throttle.

Thats about it.

Same (better) instructions can be found in the softwares help section...

Huubess

So it should just be 0% on closed and 100% full? Thanks for the help mate gona put it on tonight

Kinli

Advanced Member
No. it should be the values that the TPS reads. K-manager will read the right percentage from the TPS when you press the loud pedal.
You do know what "calibrate" means right?

Read the k-manager help file, this is a really simple thing to do.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
as above its really simple there is plenty of info in the help files.

Huubess

I've tried to calibrate the Tps last night but I can't set any peramiters on the ecu does this mean it's been locked by the previous mapper? If so I will have to set it up using a multimeter