Help source these brembo's. !?

dan the man

Advanced Member
Well not source but name in fact. A lad at work has asked me to see if anyone knows what these brembo calipers are off.

The are 13" in length :shock: and beleive me are HUGE. The pics dont do justice and the area where the disc fits inside the caliper looks like the disc should be massive.

Now ive been trying to think what car they could come off :?: They are bigger than DC5 leon EVO GTA brakes for sure... thinking marranello or summat but usually branded ferrari but unsure if these have been repainted.

Now i know porsche brakes are brembo with porsche on and they are usually pretty big so thats another option.

Pics and thanks in advance.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if you can measure them (mounting hole length, overall length, disc width and the piston diameters) i will check against evo calipers, as i have some off the wifes car at the mo ( she has massive 6 pot alcons)

its the colour that makes them unusual and the fact they still have brembo on them not porsche etc.

leon calipers are the same as ours evo and scooby are deff bigger. but the same as each other

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yes they are different, but the same size compared to the others mentioned, as are 550, and 350z,
scooby calipers are normally gold arn't they, any measurments?

kingston

Advanced Member
M3 ones?

Ive seen some performance calipers for an M3 (nto brembo) and theyre big beasties

dan the man

Advanced Member
BMW never use double side pot calipers on any car as far as i know..just sticking to their usual calpier design but making them powerfull enough etc..

anyway these ARE FOR SALE if anyone wants to adapt and have them on a car as im sure will gove great power.

kingston

Advanced Member
M£'s never came with Brembo's as a factory fit option though or to my knowledge they didnt...

Brembo are also doing a GT kit (i think thats what its called) and could be from that product lin, think its more track orientated...

steellam

I have seen red brembos like that on a 54 plate STi i did some work on once, 406 coupes also have them but im not %100 they are that large.

iDrew

Advanced Member
Porsche had massive Brembos on the twin-turbo cars for a while, known as "Big Red" calipers, MovIt use them on their brake kits :?:

Oh, and I had red Brembo calipers on my scoob, but they weren't that size. I got them as part of the Brembo GT brake kit :wink:

ausR

Advanced Member
i dunno why they would be in the UK but they could be off one of the FPV (ford performance vehicles) sedans that are availale here in australia.
they come with 4 pot calipers standard and 18-19" rims.
there is an upgrade kit with 6 pot fronts available so could be from someone upgrading

Yambo

Advanced Member
Have they not got a serial number on them?

Maybe contact Brembo with that serial number and they will tell you!

gaz3434

Advanced Member
I'm not so sure that those are genuine Brembo calipers - compare the style of the word "bremo" on them with this one taken of my DC5:

It just doesn't look right - the font style is different!

dan the man

Advanced Member
Yes i looked at this myself and think either an old design or they have been repainted at some stage etc