HELP! think i need a new crank sensor or just the plug?

brucey87

Advanced Member
what a day! driving along today in v-tec (as you do). when i heard something clunking about in the engine bay then go under my car. engine management light, abs light and battery light came on then it died! i crapped my pants and thought my bottem end had jumped out onto the road! but luckily it didnt. so had to get the RAC to come and rescue me! twice because my car was too low they had to get a flat bed truck and i had to take the front bumper off :oops:

the fan belt was frayed there was strands hangging off it so as it was spinning it whipped the crank sensor and broke it off. but a mate looked at it and said the sensor is there it just needs the plug to plug it back in as its just a hanging wire now.

would it be easier to get a whole new sensor in one piece? could i get one off any honda or would it have to be for a dc5?

any help appreciated. thanks in advance

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
would need to see what was left of both the loom and plug/sensor before making a judgment.

with most things like this it is often possible to make a satisfactory repair if you are inventive

brucey87

Advanced Member
id get a pic if i could but the car is miles away from me. prob wont be able to get to it until the weekend. :(

i got my mate to look at it though and he said it could be repaired but theres just hanging wires and he wasnt sure which ones went where.

i am pretty inventive on a building site but not when it comes to cars. i actualy havent got a clue? never even heard of a crank sensor before! iv got a car electrition going to look at it sometime in the week anyway so il see what he has to say. he'l prob just say i need the plug to put the wires into then just plug it in. would all plugs be the same for hondas?