HELP VIBRATION UNDER HARD ACCELERATION

Bernard777

Hi hope someone can help me got my wheel alignment done by professional firm the car was pulling to right on acceleration drives perfect now also got 2 new toyo proxes on at same time but car is vibrating now wen u hit about 60mph and also under hard acceleration from a standing start I cud even feel it sitting in passengers seat as a friend drove im at a loss iv changed wheels from back to front and all that and still as bad has anyone any ideas probably end up going to drive shaft or lsd or gearbox maybe replacements any help wud be appreciated

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mate, you need some commas and full stops in there, my head hurts after reading that.

Has the vibration just come on since having the alignment done, ie. Was it ok prior to the alignment being done?

If so then I doubt anything is damaged. Did the place that carried out the alignment actually know what they're doing?

Also have you got adjustable camber etc

martinj46

Advanced Member
I had something similar before. Getting the wheels re-balanced would be the first and cheapest thing to try.

My vibration ended up being the outer section of the offside driveshaft though.

Bernard777

There was a vibration before the alignment was done but I just put it down to needing new tyres alignment and balanced. Iv read alot on here about getting the balancing done right il have it double checked. On long sweeping right handers u seem to feel it more coming up through the pedal duno why this is. Il get balance checked again first.

Bernard777

Crazylegs said:
Mate, you need some commas and full stops in there, my head hurts after reading that.

Has the vibration just come on since having the alignment done, ie. Was it ok prior to the alignment being done?

If so then I doubt anything is damaged. Did the place that carried out the alignment actually know what they're doing?

Also have you got adjustable camber etc

Bernard777

Was a slight vibration before but I put this down to needing alignment and new tyres and balanced. Iv got coilovers no camber adjustment on rear at all just front. Felt the vibration on long sweeping bends most right handers. It was coming up through the pedal.

oldpainless

Advanced Member
Must be something in the air, water or whatever the phrase is, as I have the exact same issue and after speaking with Tom at TGM this morning it sounds like it could be the inner CV joint on the gear box side - drive shaft basically.

The vibration is very violent and feels like the car is going to break in half! The dash, pedals and steering wheel all shake.

I've had the wheels balanced twice and full geo too.