Help Views required on DC5 poss purchase guys

dc2-cjh

Hi Guys

I was going to be picking up a DC5 tomorrow but something abnormal seems to have cropped up.

The car is an 03 plate and was imported by SVA Imports in Dover.

The car's odometer shows 94K on it, the seller is very genuine and says that this is still reading in KM's, however I decided to call SVA Imports and they told me that they always bring the cars in then work out the mileage using the import documents and then convert the KM's into miles and then re-calibrate the odometer to show the number it would be in miles, so for example

Odometer reading of 91,000 KM's when it arrives in the uk would equate to roughly 56,545 miles, they would then change the electronic odometer on the car to show the figure of 56,545 and de-restrict the car.

The car I am looking at is advertised as 58K miles, however the odometer shows 94K? Well if SVA are honest then I guess the car would be now on 94K miles poss?

I emailed the seller asking what documents they have eg copies of the grade sheet, copies of model report which states the cars mileage in KM's and any Bimta certificate etc. The reply I got was:

Raef who owns SVA did not give us any of the paperwork you are talking about?? Sorry bout that - I have the receipt from when we bought it the receipt for the service they done and the one we have had done since, the receipt for the immobiliser, log book and the MOT's. Thats all the paper work we have ever had for the car.

With regrads to the milage Raef confirmed it was def still in KM - the reason I remember is because when we picked the car up he gave us the MOT and I specifically remember Chris asking him if its def km on the clock because the MOT said miles and he had advertised the car to still be in KM... he guaranteed us it was def still in km and the only reason the mot said miles was because u cant change it to km on the English mots??? The actual sales ad we saw on Pistonheads and Ebay for the car also confirmed it was in KM so god knows what he is talking about. Therefore we cannot prove it we just took his word for it.

Anyway I was wondering what you guys think of this as I am worried it could have been converted and actually came into the UK with say 150K KM's on the clock and is now actually 94K miles :-( I dont want to over pay for it, anyone got any views on this?

Thanks in advance Carl

PS - Does anyone know anyway I can check anything back to the SVA test poss to see what it said as SVA Imports are pretty much the most unhelpful company I can speak to as tried and they just shrugged their shoulds about it all so to speak, which is silly as they also took the spare out, the took kit, the spare wheel cover between wheel and carpet, the jack and the parcel shefl before selling it, so these I was going to buy from them IF I buy the car.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
dc2-cjh said:
rodney said:
Another DC5 poss viewing tomorrow on another note lol - was imported by Torque-GT - they anygood lol
Yes they are very good, I've had 3 cars from them all spot on, Mike's a top chap.

dc2-cjh

Cheers guys

Also been offered a Silver DC5 for good money that a friends poss selling so thats a consideration now as I know the cars a good one, full history inc japanese etc etc etc.

Never really considered a silver one before as really wanted Blue but if the car and price are right hey?

bee123

Advanced Member
dc2-cjh said:
Cheers guys

Also been offered a Silver DC5 for good money that a friends poss selling so thats a consideration now as I know the cars a good one, full history inc japanese etc etc etc.

Never really considered a silver one before as really wanted Blue but if the car and price are right hey?

Silver and black recaro is the best colour, but thats just my opinion. ;)

madrab

Advanced Member
rule of thumb is if it does not have the paperwork to back up the sellers claims then take it the odo is in miles even if the seller is genuine, remember your spending a lot of money on a car which could be potentially be sitting at 94k miles, it is possible it was not converted but is it really worth the gamble? i would say no

dc2-cjh

bee123 said:
dc2-cjh said:
Cheers guys

Silver and black recaro is the best colour, but thats just my opinion. ;)

Lol well maybe buying it to be honest mate - seeing it next week - fingers crossed now :)

madrab said:
rule of thumb is if it does not have the paperwork to back up the sellers claims then take it the odo is in miles even if the seller is genuine, remember your spending a lot of money on a car which could be potentially be sitting at 94k miles, it is possible it was not converted but is it really worth the gamble? i would say no
Thanks for that mate - gonna walk away as its NOT worth the risk - thanks for the reply and advice also mate - Carl

Stoo said:
Thats horse excrement about the MOT

My cars first MOT is in KMs!!!
Cheers for letting me know as I was certain my DC2's first MOT was in KM's also but could not remember

barsby2k10

Advanced Member
Another one here with a first MOT in kms carried out by Torque GT and they were great to deal with for me as well.