Help, what do I do

jamestyper

Hello to all, newbie here, please can you help :D
I currently own a 52 CTR, I love the car to bits but want a bit of a change, was think DC5 or s2K?
The things that worrys me about buying DC5 are:
Service, spares, warrenty cost?
Insurance (£900 for s2k) will it be much more?
Any good places to buy from?
Any pointers and help would be great :wink:

nattcharles

I had DC5 and sold it to buy S2000. Still saving for it now but after driving the S I prefered its reear wheel drive config. The DC5 feels quicker and more aggresive but that could easily be matched on the S with a few upgrades.

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Should find Honda dealers have no problems servicing a DC5. The guy at the front desk might frown, but I bet the guys in the garage love to see a DC5 go through their garage for a change!

Seems the DC5, as a Jap import automatically forces the insurance to group 20, and a lot of insurers don't have it on their books, so won't insure it! :? Reckon getting insured is your biggest hassle when buying the DC5.

Both have quite different driving styles. S2000 as well as being rear-wheel drive has more of a sports car feel, due to the two-seater design and being so damn low to the ground when sitting in it! The sense of speed is more apparent! The DC5 with two rear seats, and a surprisingly large boot, is a little more practical! :wink:

Tarmac

Advanced Member
well the experience in ireland is VERY different. the guys in the main dealerships around Dublin over here (example E.P. Mooney) told me that my car didn't exist! I dragged the muppet behind the counter out and showed it to him and got the rabbit in headlights experience then. This was a common thread with most of the dealerships. If the service manager is THAT clued out then there was no way I was letting their mechanics near it even though it was drawing serious inquisitive looks from the service depot! at least you guys in UK have mechanics and service managers that are clued up on imports - the muppets over here reckon if it wasn't released here, then it doesn't exist - even if they are sitting in it! :lol:

Kevin M

Teg costs and practicality.

Hi Guys,

Firstly hello, this is my first post.

I'm the proud owner of a white 04 teg.

Having driven imports for a few years now (FTO version R, Subaru Legacy Blitzen) I have to say that the Integra is an extremely easy car to live with on a daily basis. First you can get an official Honda warranty, servicing is reletively cheap and the 9000 mile intervals really help. My local dealer in Sheffield was really happy to see the car and everyone was keen to talk to me about it. That is a huge contrast to those B******* at Subaru who wouldn't touch my Blitzen.

33 miles to the gallon on average over the first 10,000 miles.

Insurance through Tesco who take a bit of time to recognise the 2 litre teg, they usually insist it is the 1.8 but they get there in the end. Their costs were not too bad.

The teg is practical, biggish boot and rear seats that are useable for short-medium journeys.

All the best,
Kevin

GTITR

Both cars are excellent IMO. I has an S2k about 3 years ago and loved it, but I had to get rid of it due to money problems (it ate all of mine). Straight line I would say the S2k feels a smidge quicker, for about last 500 rpm (higher redline) but subjectivly you would be a brave man to punch down a B road as fast in one quicker than you could do so in the DC5.

The S2000 is much lower too, you do feel like you are right on the ground. The build quaility on mine was superb - not one rattle or squeak at all. In my opinion, the S2000 is better in the summer (if it's not raining, then it's a bit scary at the limit) and the DC5 is better the rest of the time. Being rarer, more aggressive, easier to drive quicker, did I say rarer? :)

Mind you, it was great fun hanging the rear out on the S2K... Oh dear... I need a bigger garage. :D