HELP - What exhaust have I just won (ebay)?

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Advertised as a Spoon N1, though now I'm not so sure the tail piece looks too big...

Can anyone confirm, before I get suckered...

dc5ian

Advanced Member
thats a hard one,, it looks like the spoon but the tail looks a bit to big in diamiter

dc5ian

Advanced Member
thats def not a spoon n1 in the pic,.. i have 2 sitting in my bedroom for sale if any1 wants em lol and the tail part of the pipe is alont thiner on the spoon,, might be a trust.. dont quote me on that tho,, for a 100 quid tho its pretty cheap anyway

deburr

Advanced Member
From memory there was a company that used to fit a bigger tail pipe on the spoon back box. This may be one of there back boxes, I think they were on the CTR forum.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
deburr said:
From memory there was a company that used to fit a bigger tail pipe on the spoon back box. This may be one of there back boxes, I think they were on the CTR forum.
dc5ian, if the above is correct. Is the box, rest of the pipe and bracket the same as the N1?

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
I also have an N1, and the pipe certainly does look fatter than a normal N1, if so will that bung fit???

But again, rest of it look like an N1, and a chesp buy too :)

logik

Advanced Member
Was also thinking of getting the spoon before the 5Zigen, that is defo not a N1.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
it looks the same as a n1 apart for the tail bit,, well i have a spoon n1 right in front of me and its alot thiner then that mate.. i would prob say that sum1/company has welded there own tail on it

dc5ian

Advanced Member
the rest of it is the same mate,, not sure about the silencer they must od had to supply there own silencer

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
dc5ian said:
the rest of it is the same mate,, not sure about the silencer they must od had to supply there own silencer
Thanks matey, I think I'll go have a look at it, see if I like it, if not I'm sure I'm well within my rights to walk away, as it's never a 65mm tailpipe as described...

If it is the spoon n1 with a modified tail piece, that's got to be a bargain...

dc5ian

Advanced Member
let us no how u get on,,, and how it sounds lol only prob wit the n1 it looks a bit poney.. but sounds good,, it def would look better, but i doubt it will sound anythink like it good luck anyway, if u want a real one pm me im not a millon miles away from u. i live in london but have lots of fam up in norwich so up there quite often

dc5ian

Advanced Member
spoon do mark sum of there n1's think its only the newer ones, i have 2 sitting in my bedroom,, one has no marks the other has a metal plat with a number on it

brucey87

Advanced Member
oh no!!! i was bidding on this aswell. the winnin bidder pulled out and i had a second chance so i accepted it. it was sent on tuesday but havent recieved it yet. if iv bin ripped off il be wanting a refund anyway on listing it says SPOON N1. how could i tell if its a genuin spoon n1? will it have a spoon badge or something on it. if only i read this before i accepted the second offer!!

brucey87

Advanced Member
they give a spoon part number though?? il post more pics wen i get it. il see if its got any labels or plates on it. feel so dumb now i actualy noticed that the tail pipe was diff size than the pics of N1s on websites, but never thought anything of it. iv only had a dc5 for 3 months so i have an excuse for not clicking on. dont know my stuff yet :oops: :oops:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
brucey87 said:
oh no!!! i was bidding on this aswell. the winnin bidder pulled out and i had a second chance so i accepted it. it was sent on tuesday but havent recieved it yet. if iv bin ripped off il be wanting a refund anyway on listing it says SPOON N1. how could i tell if its a genuin spoon n1? will it have a spoon badge or something on it. if only i read this before i accepted the second offer!!
Pulled out :shock:

I've not pulled out, what is the guy playing at, I was waiting for him to reply to a message I sent... this one.

"Dear lodge-cars-harleston-norfolk,

Hello,

I recently won the auction for the Spoon N1 exhaust. It has come to my attention that the tailpipe it a lot larger than the original item (65mm as quoted in you advert). I suspect it's actually substantially larger than that and someone has retro-fitted a different tail pipe. If that is the case, can you please advise firstly of the size of the tailpipe and secondly, if the bung actually fits this new tailpipe.

Thanks"

How he could read that as, I no longer wish to purchase the exhaust, I don't know... It's as though he didn't read past the first sentence, what a pillock! I'm pretty furious at the moment! :evil:

Obviously nothing to do with you mate, you weren't to know. Feel as though I've missed out! :(

brucey87

Advanced Member
omg sorry mate. what a arrogant p***k. why the hell would he give me a second chance on it when you was the winner and never mentioned that you wasnt going to pay? i thought he offered it to me because you pulled out. you should write to him again and ask him to explain himself. lucky i was browsing through and found this post. i was shocked when i opened it and saw a pic of the ebay listing. i thought oh great iv been done over here, and you was clever and pulled out but thats clearly not the case here.

brucey87

Advanced Member
unless you caught him out and its not the genuine thing? he might of just wanted to just pass it on to someone else asap? soon find out anyway

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
brucey87 said:
unless you caught him out and its not the genuine thing? he might of just wanted to just pass it on to someone else asap? soon find out anyway
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking now I've had a little time to reflect. He probably thought, can't sell it to him, who's my next highest bidder... :evil:

I told him, is it OK to pick it up this weekend, I'll see what he comes back with... :wink: