HELP: What paint to use?

brucey87

Advanced Member
I have a friend who is going to respray my bumper and skirts for me.

So i went to order 1 litre of c/w today but i had a choice between 2 types, 2pack which has lacquer mixed already and another type which you lacquer seperatley.

All i need to know is what type of paint the dc5 has out of the factory so my mate can match it properly.

Thanks in advance

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
2pack solid colour would be the easier one to use otherwise 2pack base coat with a couple of coats of lacquer on top or water based colour topped off again with 2pack lacquer.

Tbh it doesn't matter what the factory paint is, but do expect some "fresh paint" work once its been done O:)

brucey87

Advanced Member
Oh so once on then you shouldnt notice any difference between 2pack or water based?

I was just a bit worried that if i picked the wrong one it may come out more shiny than the rest of the car and look odd.

thanks for the advice :xcheers:

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
there wont be any differance between the two as we use waterbase at work and to be fair its good stuff as long as you can dry it.

go for 2k solid colour it'll be easier for your mate to do as long as he knows what he's doing xthumbup

brucey87

Advanced Member
2k it is then. Well he works near falmouth docks spraying big 50 foot boats so he can take my car down to his work to work on it. I know he sprayed his old civic and done a good job and looking for a garage so he can start his own car bodyshop. so i trust him plus 'mates rates'