Help with Axles

GEORGE TYPE-S

Advanced Member
I hope someone can help me with this.

I recently bought a Brembo swap and I realised AFTER rebuilding the axles that one has a part number with SM6 the other has SA7.

I searched and noticed SA7 is from a Civic Type R.

Will this axle work with the swap??

Does anybody have the correct part number?

Thank you in advance everyone :xcheers:

Axles are on the right side of this photo:

VT-Doo

RushDoo
They should have different part numbers.
One goes from the hub directly into the gearbox, the other however goes into a half-shaft mounted on the block then into the gearbox.

I'll double check for you.

GEORGE TYPE-S

Advanced Member
VT-Doo said:
They should have different part numbers.
One goes from the hub directly into the gearbox, the other however goes into a half-shaft mounted on the block then into the gearbox.

I'll double check for you.

Thank you :)

I just wanted to know if it's NORMAL to have one with SM6 and the other SA7.

SA7 I was told met it came from a Civic Type R, now if that's the case, will it still work with the swap? or is it the incorrect part??

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yep you are missing the intermediate shaft (it has a support bearing attached to it, not sure on the part numbers but EP3 civic shafts (same as rsx) will be too short (15mm) i think tho the intermediate shaft will be the same as your RSX one. as the gearbox is pretty much the same and the shaft mounts to the same place so only the outer shaft is longer.

GEORGE TYPE-S

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
yep you are missing the intermediate shaft (it has a support bearing attached to it, not sure on the part numbers but EP3 civic shafts (same as rsx) will be too short (15mm) i think tho the intermediate shaft will be the same as your RSX one. as the gearbox is pretty much the same and the shaft mounts to the same place so only the outer shaft is longer.

Damn, I don't know what any of that means lol

I'm not that great on the technical terms... :(

So in other words, the axle is too short and won't work?

I tried putting the SA7 labelled axle in the hub of the DC5R, it fits fine, will it not fit in the gearbox?

GEORGE TYPE-S

Advanced Member
I just got confirmation that the axles in the photos above are indeed DC5R axles :)

Thank you every one for the help, especially Mr. David Johnson :xcheers: