Help with Gruppe M

Yan_man

Advanced Member
Hi guys i just brought this gruppe m of someone in this forum he told me is 2 weeks old brought from cpl. But when i got hold hold of this i just notice the scuttle panel and the air duct scoop is missing from this system anyone know if i can still use this system without these parts?

LeeH

Advanced Member
The Scoop is (was) around £100 but maybe you could try getting one from Tegiwa imports as they do FakeM's.

You will be better off modding your OEM scuttle, I have done a couple now.

Or there is a guy on CTRO that chargers £27.

Yan_man

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info but what does it really need to modify the OEM scuttle what's wrong with the one provided with the gruppe m?

neilaston87

Advanced Member
Yan_man said:
Thanks for the info but what does it really need to modify the OEM scuttle what's wrong with the one provided with the gruppe m?
Its shit.

Rattles and is a completely different finish to OEM. Its glossy and ghey.

Although it is more essential to mod an oem scuttle on the Ep3 because you can see much more of it than on the Dc5. The dc5 scuttle is mostly hidden behind the bonnet.

Double sided tape stops the rattling if you are not bothered by aesthetics.

Yan_man

Advanced Member
neilaston87 said:
Yan_man said:
Its shit.

Rattles and is a completely different finish to OEM. Its glossy and ghey.

Although it is more essential to mod an oem scuttle on the Ep3 because you can see much more of it than on the Dc5. The dc5 scuttle is mostly hidden behind the bonnet.
A
Double sided tape stops the rattling if you are not bothered by aesthetics.
Cheers for the info mate but the problem is I've been shafted by this F**ker I have no air duct or scuttle off a 2 week old GM.
U got any info on how to mod the OEM scuttle?

LeeH

Advanced Member
Yan_man said:
What Neil said, but more importantly...you haven't got one ;)

LeeH

Advanced Member
I did a how to on the scuttle modding that I will try and find tonight for you.

rodney

Advanced Member
"Hi got a brand new gruppe m filter complete kit carbon fiber for my dc5 from cpl racing about 2 weeks ago receipt to prove cost 650 but changed my mind about car buying an evo so selling the filter comes in original box in brand new condition complete with the scuttle and fitting kit original instructions and box if interested i want around 500 for it my number is 07071040973 so just give me a call if interested also im located in london"

He clearly states he's got the scuttle and is a complete unit so perhaps it was an over sightnot to hand it to your brother though you would think he would let you know once he realised.

Yan_man

Advanced Member
rodney said:
"Hi got a brand new gruppe m filter complete kit carbon fiber for my dc5 from cpl racing about 2 weeks ago receipt to prove cost 650 but changed my mind about car buying an evo so selling the filter comes in original box in brand new condition complete with the scuttle and fitting kit original instructions and box if interested i want around 500 for it my number is 07071040973 so just give me a call if interested also im located in london"

He clearly states he's got the scuttle and is a complete unit so perhaps it was an over sightnot to hand it to your brother though you would think he would let you know once he realised.
This was brought from CPL and the receipt for it so it should he a complete kit.

Yan_man

Advanced Member
tron2k3 said:
Have you called the seller and requested the missing bits?
I tried both of his mobile has been switch off and I've sent him a m on here still no reply from him yet.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
what an ass, collecting money and then he doesn't answer your calls...like i said i almost bought it, and yes he wanted to send it to me.