help with my light casing

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Hi I keep my car covered but i noticed yesterday when i took it out for a spin that the passager side light had water/condensation in it. and now my main blub isnt working.

do the seals go .. do i need to change the whole light casing?

thanks

Mark

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Pretty sure lots of us suffer from this. I hear new headlights doesn't buy you long before it creeps back in.

I periodically remove the rubber cap on the back of the lamp and dry it out. Or just ignore it till it goes away.

Never caused an issue with bulb or ballast though. Swap your bulbs over and see if issue follows or chuck a new bulb in and hopefully it's nawt more than that.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
New lights and rubbers will solve the issue. Don't worry, new lights will not fade after a year either.. they just getbold and moisture creeps in. Removing the caps on the back will vent them and the heat of the engine will de mist, however if I remember correctly you bought Davidpingus old car? They were pretty bad when he had it tbh. Yellowish tinge was setting in then. You'll see alot more with new units too, but for some £350 is too much. For me, its makes or break s the front end of a teg. Try the cap removal and a new lamp to see you through xmas etc, and treat yourself to new ones. You won't regret it.

nellly

Advanced Member
new lights will not fix the condensation problem well it didnt for me, admitly its not bad but new ones are still prone.
It must just be the design. lots of water in the light will probably mean that your ballast is full of water, you will need to remove the front bumper to have a look and see, the ballast is under the headlight.

spooke

Advanced Member
Is there a permanent-ish fix? My passenger light gets condensation too... was looking at new lights but wouldn't want them to have the same issue.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Odd...my brand new lights...(ok they are facelift) have not fogged up. ?

My old preface set before conversion ... one side fogged up in bad weather once in 4 years,...took the light out if the car, dried out overnight, and a new rubber seal between the ballast and headlight unit cured it. Changing lamps in damp conditions won't help mind.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
New lights and rubbers will solve the issue. Don't worry, new lights will not fade after a year either.. they just getbold and moisture creeps in. Removing the caps on the back will vent them and the heat of the engine will de mist, however if I remember correctly you bought Davidpingus old car? They were pretty bad when he had it tbh. Yellowish tinge was setting in then. You'll see alot more with new units too, but for some £350 is too much. For me, its makes or break s the front end of a teg. Try the cap removal and a new lamp to see you through xmas etc, and treat yourself to new ones. You won't regret it.
thanks Jimmer .. i will try that as I hate driving with one light on and yes the lights were very bad when i got the car .. spent a couple of hrs at tgm sport buffing them out.

Mark

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
ok my light problem has got worst and kinda of strange..

Went to TGM today and we changed the main blub and still light didnt come on, also checked all the seals and they seem fine so not sure why the water/condensation .. so Tom said i need to replace the HID kit.. but the strange thing is on the same lighting my high beam isnt working either.. from what i understand the HID only effects the main blub not the high beams so i dont think replacing the HID will fix the high beam aswell we tested all the blubs they are fine ...

anyway does anyone know if there are aftermarket HID kits or if another HID kit will work on the teg as dont fancy forking out £300 for

i hear this works on these cars.. has anyone tried it

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mitsubishi-oem-hid-xenon-headlight-d2s-d2r-ballast-w3t13072-honda-mazda-acura/
one.

cheers