Help with winter tyres!!!

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
I'm looking around the websites for winter tyres but hardly anyone has them on their sites just now and some don't even seem to do 215/45/16's. The best I found were Michelin Alpin tyres but are 150 a tyre and can't be used unless it's under 7degrees which we won't be for another month or so. If I stuck them on now...would they be ruined by the weather in the meantime?
I'm not sure to buy these or just buy a decent set of tyres like Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response.

I basically need new tyres ASAP but can't afford both winter and normal tyres. Also one last thing for consideration, I have a JRSC and 300bhp

Please please help me

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Do you really really need winter tyres?

Anything like a winter tyre on the Teg won't be brilliant, soft compount rubber and soft sidewalls. And generally winter tyres just don't perform all that well in the dry compared to normal tyres, obviously in the wet and snow/ice they are better though.

On my EP3 i briefly ran Vredstien Quattro 225/45/17 which are kind of a half and half tyre, and got to be honest, was really impressed with them for what they were. Good (nothing compared to Goodyear F1AS2 or RE070) in the dry and in the wet the grip was incredible, and in the icy/snow, put it this way, it wasn't till I got home one night in the wet did I actually realise how icy it was outside, my mate and I were amazed at how much the tyres had performed.

paul 16v

Advanced Member
I dont know if this helps.. i have a couple of spare oem 17" wheels with Goodyear Vector 4 seasons tyres(225 45 17) with over 6mm of tread on for sale for £150 the wheels do need refurbing ideally.