HELPPPP i cant find a good replacement for the dc5

flex1984

Advanced Member
I went to look cupra r the other day i did like it actualy, just did not have that little something to get you intrested

Also i do like the accord r but not driven one yet, im right in thinking that thay come with lsd on these?

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
If there`s nowt you fancy,why don`t you just stick with what you have if you`re used to it??

silverdevill

Advanced Member
my vote goes to the ST220...i sold one to buy my dc5 and although i love my 5 to bits, i sometimes miss the luxury the mondeo offered. The stereo in it was the best factory fitted stereo i've ever heard, fuel wise if driven sensibly (which i'm assuming you will if baby is in the back!...) it was'nt too bad at all for a 3.0 V6.....seemingly limitless torque, an amazingly smooth, refined and quiet ride but they don't hang around when you ask them to go!...handling is fairly decent...only thing that i found that lets them down is the brakes are a tad inadequate....but as an all round family/performance motor compromise, i'd have another one any time.......oh, and they look pretty savage too i think... there...thats my review done!...lol :xcheers: :D :D

flex1984

Advanced Member
Think i might go for the leon cupra r

Does anyone know much about these cars, anyone had one before?

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Read the title,not the thread.

There is no replacement. :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :idea:

paul 16v

Advanced Member
i had a ibiza cupra and it had problems with airflow metres,coilpacks window switches etc i'd not have another seat given!!

kyledc5

look mate,jap reliability is what its all about,these european cars just break in all respects.i would not choose no other,i am a fitter,from experience jap cars never come back for warranty work from my car sales site,but the european cars commonly do.if your like me and wanted second best to the dc5,then i would go for the civic type r 2004 facelift version,with the lightened flywheel etc,or even better i would go for the later final edition with the recaro's,as these seat's are dog's bo#@$!£s,for when your having cornering fun,you will not fall out of it as i did on the type r seat,recaro's is a must.

garytc78

Advanced Member
I had a cupra r before my 5 and it was the most boring car I've ever owned and it drinks fuel for fun.
If you want my opinion I would get an accord type r as it does virtually everything a 5 does but has 4 doors and yes it comes with an LSD and boy do they handle and I don't mean they handle well for a saloon they handle nearly as well as 5 and you can get a good one for less than your budget.