Hesitation and "coughing" around 2400rpm

jonster

Advanced Member
For the slight hesitation problem I have - it goes away when using the stock ECU. This of course doesn't provide anything like the torque the mapped KPRo does. I've found a bit of a large jump in cam on my map at the low revs so I'll try and smooth this out and see if it makes a difference.

jay82

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
jay82 said:
i had the same problem with my RS, felt like the engine was about to cut out just for a few seconds and then she'll go again. changed loads of sensors in the engine turned out to be the fuel pump was knackered
At the same revs every time or randomly?
same revs every time 3500rpm. once i got a new pump it was fine. but i was getting dirty petrol from some where cause i change the filter 6 months before the pump went and the dirt that was in the filter was shocking :shock:

lockwood77

Advanced Member
How bizarre, you'd have thought a failing fuel pump would be intermittent regardless of revs!

Project

Advanced Member
nope not the case, mine did the same thing at the same revs and found it was my fuel pump that had gone/was going

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mine has started doing this today all of a sudden, mainly in second gear. The exhaust and induction note has increased slightly too.

Getting pissed off with this car now tbh, it's been nothing but expense since I've had it. :-(

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Thanks mate,

So what was the problem with yours in the end or was it a multitude of things?

frampo

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Thanks mate,

So what was the problem with yours in the end or was it a multitude of things?
i havent diagnosed mine yet still looking into it, will be trying fully working coil packs and injectors tomorrow, hopefully this solves the problem, however i have looked online for this problem and no one really seems to know much about it, some say 02 sensor, some say injectors, im just going to keep trying things till i locate the problem.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm hoping it's not anything major and that it's something simple like plugs which will be getting changed next month. Just seem to be having niggly little issues with this car as well as having to fork out £200 odd for new tyres which I wasn't expecting to have to do considering I've only had it for 4 months if that.

If I keep having problems with it I'm tempted to fuck it off new year and get something else. I never had any problems like this with my CRX VTEC and that was a 21 year old car.

AP-Performance

I'm pretty sure it is a mapping issue, i've fixed this issue for customer's who were tuned elsewhere previously