hewoooooooo

ahpek_jambu

hello people.... just got dc 5 last week!!!! really really enjoy driving the car. plan to change the rim to 18 inch. any idea of the car's offset and what are the things i need to look into so that i wont lose the car handling...?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
The offset on the DC5 is 60, but I've used wheels with 45 and its still ok.

Only thing, 18's will look the part, but will cause a small amount of performance loss, do to the weight distribution etc.

Steve, we tried dc5 rims on a CTR (EP3) at the weekend, they clear the front ok, but hit / foul the rear. Hence you would need spacers.

Mike

steveD

Ideally I want to go smaller (for track-day slippy-slidey action), but if a set of standard alloys came along to which I could apply some rubbish narrower shagged out tyres, I'd go down that route.

Incidentally, I will be the proud owner of Japanese Performance Cars "lowest milage in the country" DC5, from this Friday... it's being registered at the moment.

Steve

ahpek_jambu

no planning to let go the 17's. anyway man... i'm not in england. myself base in kl, malaysia.

mj, thanks for the info. i'm not much concern with the power loss... i'm more concern towards the look of the car...

cheers dude