Hey

andyd

Advanced Member
Hi,

I currrently own a CTR and i really very interested in buying a DC5. I herd there are a couple of dodgy ones floating around acorrding the CTR forum? can any one confirm this for me?

I have found one in auto trader in white for 13990 which i am hopeing to look that this weekend ?

is there any to/don't that i should be aware off

Many Thanks

andyd22

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure there must be a few dodgy DC5s floating around as there are of any model but I've not yet come across or heard about any - perhaps the CTR forum boys know something we don't?!

The only thing you should specifically check (as far as I'm aware) before buying is the torque settings of the tie-pin bolts on the steering rack (check the string Re. Model Recall Announcement in the DC5 Type R Chat group elsewhere on these pages). Most of us panicked (either loudly or quietly) when we got this news but I am still as yet unaware of anybody who has been caught out by this!

Apart from that, look at the car and if you like it, buy it. I've never run a ctr so my comparisons would solely be the result of what I've heard and read through the forums. More power, JDM spec, better handling, better looks can't be all bad though, can it?

Hope you find what you want and enjoy the forum.

JOM

Advanced Member
Paul,

You beat me to a reply.

Andy,

Agree with what Paul said.

See your going for the more common white colour :wink:

Is it private or from a garage? Try to get information on the Auction grade when it was bought in Japan.

Check the oil level carefully - there are enough posts on the civc forum about what happens when run out of oil. Other than that same as any other car really.

Have you got a quote on insurance yet? It will be more than a Civic.

Hope this helps a bit.

If you get it will have to come to the meet at the end of the month.

James

andyd

Advanced Member
milsomj said:
Paul,

You beat me to a reply.

Andy,

Agree with what Paul said.

See your going for the more common white colour :wink:

Is it private or from a garage? Try to get information on the Auction grade when it was bought in Japan.

Check the oil level carefully - there are enough posts on the civc forum about what happens when run out of oil. Other than that same as any other car really.

Have you got a quote on insurance yet? It will be more than a Civic.

Hope this helps a bit.

If you get it will have to come to the meet at the end of the month.

James
I'm going to the meet? is this the south mimms one? but ill be there in a CTR :(

thanks for the info lads!

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Well if you're going to South Mimms come over and have a chat - I'm sure you'll be able to find us... There might be one or two DC5s in the area! :roll: :) :D

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi Andy,

Another CTR defector :lol: :lol:

Come over and say hello to us all at Mimms m8

Mike