Hey!

Lauren

Advanced Member
Hello! Having been a member for a while now, I have finally decided to buy myself a DC5! I was looking to get one last year around my 21st birthday, having owned a Civic EK for a few years which I loved. I ended up getting a Clio 197 Sport instead (not sure how that happened!)... but now I'm back and putting a deposit down on a DC5 tomorrow!
I hope to be sticking with Honda for a good while yet as I've really missed my old one and it doesn't help that I see my old Civic on a daily basis!
Any advice/tips will be very much appreciated- though it looks like this website is well stocked with info already if ever I need to know anything!
Next step is to sell my Clio :)

Lauren

Mark_teg

Staff member
Welcome Lauren.

Whereabouts are you and where are you buying from? Make sure you read about 'FLO' on here.

Lauren

Advanced Member
Welcome Lauren.

Whereabouts are you and where are you buying from? Make sure you read about 'FLO' on here.
Thanks for the heads up- I had spotted that. I guess there is no news on where the car is now?

Mine's on a private plate, but I know it's older than '53' so I'm sure it isn't the same.

I'll definitely put some photos up of the DC5 once I've picked it up :D pretty excited!

integrad

Hi Lauren i am just down the road from you so if you are unsure about anything on the 5 or need to know something don't be afraid to ask.I have owned my dc5 for 6 years now and had a dc2 for 5 years before that so might be able to help out (You wont be sorry).

David Fox

Advanced Member
Wow, another lady has appeared. This is becoming interesting.

Welcome Lauren, by the way!

Lauren

Advanced Member
Hi Lauren i am just down the road from you so if you are unsure about anything on the 5 or need to know something don't be afraid to ask.I have owned my dc5 for 6 years now and had a dc2 for 5 years before that so might be able to help out (You wont be sorry).
Thanks, that may be a good help! Where are you from?

I'm hopefully picking mine up in the next 2 weeks- seems so long but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!! :rolleyes:

Lauren

Advanced Member
I picked it up Sunday finally! So happy as it was well worth the wait! Will stick some photos up soon.
The previous owners have serviced it every 3000 miles and I'm planning on keeping that pattern going. Paintwork is basically immaculate and the interior looks nearly new with only some bolster wear. All in all I'm a very happy lady :D
Next... where's the best place to buy some Recaro seat covers?

Vtec_wannabe

Advanced Member
I picked it up Sunday finally! So happy as it was well worth the wait! Will stick some photos up soon.
The previous owners have serviced it every 3000 miles and I'm planning on keeping that pattern going. Paintwork is basically immaculate and the interior looks nearly new with only some bolster wear. All in all I'm a very happy lady :D
Next... where's the best place to buy some Recaro seat covers?
Capital seating or Tegiwa.....

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=632&type=a

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16806-tegiwa-recaro-seat-covers-red-or-black-24-posted/

Lauren

Advanced Member
Was just about to post some pics of my new parts for the car when I realised I haven't even put any up of when I got the DC5 in the first place!! I'll have to do that first!
As i bought it It was basically standard with an exhaust system and AEM intake... Since then i have swapped the springs for Eibach Pros and then (finally) my J's Racing 70rr ;) fitted a week ago! Love it!
Will be going up on the ramp next week for a service so I'm hoping to get some decent pictures of it fitted then !
I also have a few other parts lined up to go under the bonnet and as its a colour change, does anyone have any standard coolant/radiator hoses they would like to get rid of? I currently have red Samcos which won't fit the new colours I'm having.