Hi all, Newbie from Swindon

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
Hi,

New to the Honda scene. I have always been a big Jap fan owning a few MR2s, Supras and most recently a GT86. A lot of people cant understand why I sold the GT86 but I just didnt gel with it + needed something bigger for work. The DC5 will be my weekend car so I have a lot of plans for it.

I'm currently importing a facelift Blue DC5 through Torque GT (Who have been excellent to date).

Just have to keep myself busy now for a few months as it only left the dock a couple of days ago!

Cheers

p1tse

Advanced Member
Congrats and welcome

Nice tasty mugen parts too
A member John is in Swindon with a mugen facelift CW, friendly guy.

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
Carl - Thanks I was after one with a few mods so was chuffed when I found this one

Patch - Thanks I have seen a nice CW Facelift around I guess its a high chance its him. It looks very nice

Chewy

Advanced Member
Welcome to the VBP club!

Looks like a lovely example you have there with some tasty parts on there which is always nice.

Full Mugen lip kit looks fantastic in VBP, I much prefer it to the Mugen bumper.

Not a huge fan of the Volk GTC's personally but it's not often you see them on a DC5 so that's pretty cool.

Pretty sure the exhaust is a Kakimoto N1? which is also pretty rare to have.... The only other person with one I can recall is Jimmer.

Please promise me the first thing you do when you get your hands on it is rip those bloody headlight trims/eye brows off. Haha!

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
Thanks Chewy.

Ive read your build from start to finish. Brilliant motor!

The Volks do seem pretty rare on the DC5. Its nice to have some proper JDM rims on there. They are discontinued now.

It is a Kakimoto. Ive never heard one so looking forward to hearing it for the first time.

It also has Blitz coilovers. Im not sure how much lower it can go though without risking the front splitter.

Lol Yeah they are coming off. You want 1st dibs?!? Lol 😉

Chewy

Advanced Member
DC5Curn said:
Thanks Chewy.

Ive read your build from start to finish. Brilliant motor!

The Volks do seem pretty rare on the DC5. Its nice to have some proper JDM rims on there. They are discontinued now.

It is a Kakimoto. Ive never heard one so looking forward to hearing it for the first time.

It also has Blitz coilovers. Im not sure how much lower it can go though without risking the front splitter.

Lol Yeah they are coming off. You want 1st dibs?!? Lol
Thanks for the kind words mate, you must and have some spare time to read through all of that drivel! Lol.

You read me like a book, I'll take them... Might have to get some sort of angel eye kit and a bonnet bra to really help tie them in, Haha!

Never heard a Kaki N1 in person either, but I'm pretty sure even the N1 has a large mid silencer and is JASMA Certified so the noise levels shouldn't be too excessive.

Looks like the wheels have a higher offset so you could go lower if you wanted but as for the lip with the roads and speed bumps in the UK... There's a potential of RIP Mugen.

Wonder what other tasty mods there might be that haven't been spotted yet, exciting times.

What plans have you got for her then?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Kaki N1 (Full Mega?) Sounds brilliant. I love them! Welcome to the forum mate, some very tasty parts there!

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
Chewy- This is the full mod list on inspection:

Volk Racing 17” alloys

Momo Steering wheel

Gearknob

Strutbar – front and rear

Suspension – Blitz

Exhaust – Kakimoto

Ultra - Timer

Radiator cap – Billion

Aircleaner pipe – J‘s Racing

Mugen door visors

ARB‘s Uprated

Mugen Rear bumper, skirts, and front spoiler

Mugen Rear Badge

I'e already ordered a Mugen steering wheel and defi gauges from Torque GT. Ive also got a Mugen Intake, Sard Cat, Mugen gear knob, Spark plug cover and Bride mats on order. Ill be looking at getting the mods fit and then a remap.

Chrismartin - Cheers 👍

Chewy

Advanced Member
Not too shabby at all!

Nice to see you're already piling up the parts ready for arrival, haha.

Always been curious about the Sard 2-1 myself, there's never been mention of anyone in the UK running one and I've never pulled the trigger myself due to the price of them vs the unknown... Will be interesting to see the results for emissions and the power on that one once it's been mapped.

Looking forward to this build indeed. xthumbup

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Yeah I'm in swindon, and the only DC5 around I think. Gimme a shout if you need anything or have questions when you get it :)

Got a set of oem wheels here too if you want some. :)

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
Cheers Chris, John

John - Ill pm you now about the wheels

Chewy - The Sard 2-1 cat gets good results on EP3's with the DC5 manifold but Im hoping thats not just because that combination is better that the standard EP3 manifold. I will be a bit gutted if its not great as like you said it isnt cheap