Hi - and a question.

craig david

Hi there folks.

I've been thinking about maybe getting a DC5 - they seem really exotic! I currently have a (1999) Nissan 300ZX.

What MPG will a DC5 give on average, round town and on a long motorway journy?

How good can it get if you sit at 75mph for a whole tank?

Are they really ultra reliable like I've heard?

Hmmm.. sorry, that's lots of questions!

Cheers people!

woolz

Advanced Member
only just got mine- but if they are as reliable as the civic type R which im sure they are, then your not gunna have a problem m8!

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Welcome!!

Some of the guys on here have had up to 400 miles out of a tank. Around town, you are looking at about 270 miles or so - it all depends on how heavy your right foot is! :)

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Hi,

I drive mine most days about 10 miles to works, about 6 on motorway and the rest through town. I usually get no more than 220 miles to a tank.

mikegsi

Staff member
the lowest ive had is 230, that was with a big chunk of trackday driving. the most i got was over 320, i average around 280 to a tank

Suped

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
Hi,

I drive mine most days about 10 miles to works, about 6 on motorway and the rest through town. I usually get no more than 220 miles to a tank.
I second that!! can't seem to hit 280-300 if I really tried. Not that I'm willing to let the tank dry out, that'll be embarrassing calling the missus for a lift down the petrol for a jerry can full of super! LOL :p

Yambo

Advanced Member
I've just been to Southampton and back to Chester - got just over 400 out of a tank and I wasn't goin too slow!!

Usually get 300 miles day to day driving!!

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Yambo said:
I've just been to Southampton and back to Chester - got just over 400 out of a tank and I wasn't goin too slow!!

Usually get 300 miles day to day driving!!
Have you had it LPG converted :lol:

gonzo

Advanced Member
Lowest: 124 miles at nurburg ring

highest: 340 miles of all motorway tanking

User

Advanced Member
Fuel economy is all a question of self control.

Which is why I get around 200 miles to a tank.

I thank you.

craig david

Thanks for the info guys

So how much fuel do you put in when you fill up?

Without this I still don't know how many mpg the car does.

Cheers gents!

sherv14

Advanced Member
just over £40 to a tank at £1/litre when the petrol light comes on.

i think driving conservatively you get well over 30mpg, not sure on exact figure

dan the man

Advanced Member
all you need to know is they are very good for the performance.On motorway in 6th, non vtec at 90 even and steady away they are great.(imagine a scoob or R32 doing that..sup sup) when i was in belgium on route to the ring i filled up and got 175 miles from the top quarter of a tank :shock: just steady 70 tops as busy but just shows how good they are.

But when u wind them up....ooo they ARE GOOD :p :wink:

i have no parcel shelf put privacy glass.dosent matter to me really.

dan

dobber

Advanced Member
Ive had 350 miles out of a tank. Half was motorway and half was the 7 miles journeys to and from work which are a lot of stop starts. So all in all thats an excellent return.

On average with no motorway driving i get 290-300. :lol: 8)