Hi can an incorrect map cause the same cylinder to keep break pistonsvinbetweennthe rings??? Help!!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I can't see the fuel rail fitting properly if there were two orings but I guess it could be just tightened down more to compress,

Wether or not it would affect the fuelling much I'm not really sure, the injector would still be a fair way in the inlet manifold. And yes the spray pattern could be slightly affected but at least the correct amount of fuel would still be flowing,

Generally the top of the pistol is more pitted from the det if fueling has caused the damage, but like everything it's not set in stone, to damage the piston skirt like that could be several things.

Was it the same cylinder the extra o ring was in that has let go? Did tdi fit the injectors in the first place ? How are you controlling boost! Some of the cheaper turbo kits spike badly which can cause horrible failures, I assume you have been data logging using kpro ??

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
- more questions-
- do you have any pictures of the turbo manifold?
- is it the same cylinder everytime or ramdom?
-

it definately looks like det, but there are several things that could cause that not just afr.

AP-Performance

Can you post picture of all 4 spark plugs and take note of which cylinder each plug is from, It is unfortunate that a proper analysis was not carried out when a piston broke on first engine, could have saved all this hassle with having to replace a 2nd engine and now subsequently a 3rd engine.

TurboDC5

Hi everyone

Thanks and sorry for the long reply! I have been enjoying my happy holiday I hope everyone had a great Xmas

Right.... Dc5 is now back in play :) I have built the engine and now is running just fine yes I am running a kpro ecu

On my way to tdi the other day to be pulled over by the police to find I didn't have any mot! Thankfully the police were very lenient and towed me on a rope to the nearest services so I could have my mate come and collect me in a flat bed....

I have contacted tdi and they has accounted this 'problem' to be completely at their own fault and are now building me a engine free of charge as I have broken up 2/3 engines

The dc5 is running beautifully at the moment I will get some videos up shortly for you guys.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!

Cheers for your help!!

Em

X

dave c

400hp K20
congratulations, sounds like a good result there and now a working car. what powers you making?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Beppe said:
What was the cause of problem then?
it would be good to know, people spend alot of time answering and hardly anyone ever actually says what the problem turned out to be.

TurboDC5

Hi everyone!

The problem was caused by a piece of the old injector left in when changing over the rail if you look at previous posts I have uploaded pictures.

I sent the car with standard injectors and paid tdi to supply and fit they changed it and took the blame for leaving part of it in there as this should of been check

This is why I am having a free engine rebuild

Power haven't been back to rolling road yet for a print out but as soon as I get change I promise I will update

Thanks guys

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
ok, so it was caused by det then due to the afr being wrong on one cylinder. whoops, expensive mistake to make, are they compensating you for the other engine that broke as well?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
This is bad shit by TDI North and as above they should compensate you for both engine's going not just the one, it's cost you a bomb I'm sure.

What a nightmare. Glad you've managed to get something sorted at least.