Hi chaps! Big DC5 fan here! :D Newbie...

ken0311

hiya fellas!!! :D

i'm pretty new here, registered today. anyway, let me introduce myself: i'm ken and a student about to do my final year at bristol uni. i'm actually from singapore, but have been living and studying in the UK for almost 12 years! i got my first car about a year ago, a Nissan 200SX S14a and have been adding a few basic mods (i.e. HKS Silent Hi Power exhaust, Apexi induction kit and a simple boost upgrade). :D the DC5s are very popular in singapore and have seen them almost everytime i get back! :shock:

anyway, i'm now thinking of selling my 200 just so i can get my hands on a DC5!!! i have been saving up loads (currently getting cash from an industrial placement)!!! :lol: and i hope this forum would be able to answer my questions as i get closer to purchasing such a gorgeous car!!! so far i have been searching the web and i found one for an astonishing 14k!:shock: also been shopping around for insurance too...

well, that's about it...nice to meet you guys!!! :D 8)

20Drift

Members
Staff member
hi ken

good to know another dc5 fan here... :D i think dc5 is a better trackday car than the s14 (oh! the look as well). btw, have you ever take yr s14 to a sideway course? i'm so regret to sold my dc5 everytime when i'm in my s14 on track. but when i take it to drifting and driving through the roundabt at nite... then i wud prefer a FR/RR car instead of a FF. =)

rich, r u interested to join me to go drifting next sat at andover and see what s14 can do? 8)

andre

ps2london

Advanced Member
Andre will be in D1 computition at Sliverstone tomorrow, Saturday, Shame i can't make it, Trung!!! can u take some movies for Andre???

ken0311

yes sj_skyline...that is the same kit that i have on my avartar....btw...how do you post pics on the thread? got that pic from a car show in singapore. i've been to www.zero1000.com to have a look but they don't seem to have any pics of that particular dc5! :roll:

hi andre! yeah i've had a couple of drift expreiences before but not on the race track i'm afraid...on an old country road during the winter months...slid on some black ice!!! :shock: :shock: 8) since then i've changed my tyres to toyo proxies however...i've still kept my old yokohamas (aka my drift tyres!!! :D )

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Andre, thanks for the invite but I guess I am already too late :(

The pic is of the Top Fuel DC5 :)

However, if you are thinking about gull wing doors then also think about how you will get out of the car once it is in the garage!!! :oops:

ken0311

i myself am wondering what type of bodykit it is...i went to the show myself and i was stupid enough not to ask what sort of kit has it got on!!!! :oops: :roll:

i have searched the net but couldn't find anything about it...