Hi Everyone! new owner here

Stuart_M

Hi Guys :D

Been lurking around here for quite some time as started looking for a DC5 about a year ago, then due to one thing and another had to put it on hold, anyway finally got one last week, a nice low mileage grade 5 totally STD 02 DC5 (another one for the blue brigade!) how these Japs manage to look after there cars so well is beyond me, hasn't even got a chip on the front end, although did look at a few bad examples along the way, but these were at the notorious Keighley Trade centre and its various spins offs in Bradford area.

Anyway must confess to being a bit of a Vtec junkie so not just jumping on the DC5 band wagon, come from a DC2 which was fantastic car and had a couple of Civic VTi's in the past.. EG6 which was great, and EK4 not so great. Had a years love/hate relationship with an Integrale Evo prior to the DC2 but as it tried its best to bankrupt me came straight back to Honda's.

Anyway brief observations to date is that the DC5 is going to be one of the best, this one seems to be in good health to another one I test drove (made me wonder if K20A's can fluctuate a bit from engine to engine a bit like CTR's), theres a noticeable changeover at Vtec point which the other one i drove didn't seem to have, and pulls really well through the gears, particularly impressed with how 4th/5th gears are compared to the DC2. Steerings really well weighted not quite as light as the 2 which I prefer and has a very slick gear change. Weathers not been great since Ive had it so can't comment fully on the handling yet, but seems to have very sharp responses which need getting used too and theres loads of grip, but will pass comment when we finally get some dry weather again :roll: One thing I have really noticed is how much attention the thing gets, really turns heads, the ladies seem to love em too which is always good :lol: As much as I never thought I'd say it, at this moment in time I'm not really missing my DC2, thought I would miss the raw attitude but think the DC5 has certainly moved things on is more relaxed but yet you can still have the best of both worlds if you want.

Any DC5 owners near me from the Yorkshire or North west areas? would be good to come to some meets if they happen round here.

Anyway I'll stop waffling now, Cheers everyone

Stuart

Suped

Advanced Member
welcome aborad mate.

Reads like you have bought a minter. You seem to be the first on from the DC2 stable that prefers the DC5. haha

good with the ownership. :lol:

Duncs

welcome,
your hardly a newby, both feet in the honda camp 8)

most queries and questions have been covered before so search away,
or just ask.
there is a wealth of info available on here as i'm sure you already know :!:

and we do have some owners in your area 8)

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Welcome to the site mate - sounds like you have an absolute minter there, will be good to see it 8)

urfys

hey

yeah sounds minty
:D

from keighley yorkshire ive never seen 1 on the road for over a year..lol
so if you see a black one thats me!!!!!!!!! 8)

dan the man

Advanced Member
alright lad, u sumed it up how i felt. The DC5 although not as out and out drivers car..does make u forget the DC2 at times..

Enjoy and im North west near blackburn.Might cath up sometime.

4th and 5th are the better gears ill agree :!: :D

Stuart_M

Thanks for all the replies chaps, was really hoping to take her for a good run out up in them N.Yorkshire moors where I live today but guess what...bloody raining again! :( anyhow will get some piccies up once shes clean, hopefully will get a nice day for it sometime soon.

Urfys- Is yours the black one that parks in the town centre every day in your own little private parking spot 8), noticed it (or should I say admired it) when I've been going through, always used to take a detour round that way so I could see it :oops: if it is I like your carbon bonnet..really suits black

DTM- not so far away from you then even if you are on the red side :evil: , I'm from near skipton but more going up towards the lake district side, Settle way. Will be coming on M65 tomorrow as going to a wedding near the wirrall...will honk my horn when I'm going past :) oo er

urfys

keighley

hi

yeah thats me !!!! work in the jean shop on the corner

8) a blue dc5 would stick out in my ends these cars get enough attention.

enjoy it as i luv mine... :wink:

dan the man

Advanced Member
settle aint to far at all from me.. :wink:

have friends in barnolswick and done many a B road!

We will meet up on a dry day maybe for bit of a rip!