Hi Everyone

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I'll be joining the DC club very soon so thought I would check out the site and get a good feel for what it will be like owning this wonderful car.

I've had my current car for 7 years or so now and fancy a change. I drive a Honda Civic vti 96 with the B16A2 engine. It's a great car and i'm a big fan of the VTEC engines.

In fact i'm a fan of Japanese cars in general. Great performance, reliability and style.

So in looking for a new car my choices were between a Nissan Skyline, Mitsubishi Evo and Honda Integra.

The decision has come down to affordability.

Although I was able to get a relatively good insurance quote for the Evo VI GSR and the Skyline GT-T, the Integra still came out about £200 cheaper a year (provided it has a cat 1 alarm).

The second point was the running costs. The MPG on the Skyline and Evo's were just too high. The Integra looks to have a better MPG. Obviously it depends on how you drive the car, but all in all it seems more economical to drive the Integra. I'm not sure what peoples MPG is like with the Integra? But i'm reading less than 20 MPG on a lot of Skylines and Evo's.

I guess i'll be driving mostly on the main roads to work, but it's only a few miles to work so I wont be putting too much mileage in it. But I do like to drive fast at times too, and there's no point having a fast car if you're going to drive econimically all the time. So I think the Integra makes a good compromise.

I also think it makes a good upgrade from my current Honda. So the Integra DC5 will be mine soon and I can't wait. I live outside Cambridge and i've never seen a DC 5 around my area, so that rarity is something I like as well.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Welcome to the Forum buddy.

What colour you going for?? (Blue is the best after all)

When you picking it up??

Last of all pictures when you get it.

buckley 88

Advanced Member
Welcome mate, you can't go wrong with a DC5 (CW the best colour)

keep us all updated and pics when you get her

:xcheers:

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Yeah I like the Championship White with Red Interior. Just have to keep it clean :D

Still searching for the right one so not sure when i'll be getting it. My biggest problem is i'm not very patient, but I really need to be to make sure I get the right one at the right price.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
After thinking long and hard i'm leaning towards the blue version now O:)

It looks great with the blue interior and is going to look less dirty. I'm test driving one on Saturday.