Hi from Manc!

Plastic Sith

Hi All,

Picked up my 51 fresh import DC5 in CW week before last and am finding my feet....

Based around Wilmslow so any locals may see me hopping up and down the A34 and through the airport tunnels!

Already had 1 engine management light - lit for about 20 mins before going off and not being been back on since and also get the nice cold morning starter motor screech so I'm feeling right at home already!

Discovered my DC5 has come with a 5zigen Pro Racer a-spec exhaust which is a bonus!

Next up is the ICE and got my eye on a Pioneer AVIC F920 BT....

Previously drove an 52 plate EP3 for 4 years, 56 plate S2K for 2 years and finally 57 plate FN2 for just under a year that i chopped in for the DC5.

In the market for a new OEM shift knob, parcel shelf and red OEM mats (anyone want to swap good condition red for my equally fine condition black let me know!)

Hiya anyway!

Grov

Banned
Hi, id reccomend you forget the Pioneer headunit, and go for a kenwood instead. I was looking at the same model as you, and went for the Kenwood 5240BT, has a much better sat nav built in, and no load time issues. Was only 500quid as well, and it's an awesome fit. :D

Plastic Sith

Thanks for the welcome Gents!

I'll take a look at the Kenwood Grov, cheers for the heads up.

Will sort out some pics shortly....

ladykb

Advanced Member
Grov said:
Hi, id reccomend you forget the Pioneer headunit, and go for a kenwood instead. I was looking at the same model as you, and went for the Kenwood 5240BT, has a much better sat nav built in, and no load time issues. Was only 500quid as well, and it's an awesome fit. :D
I've got the KENWOOD DNX-7240BT and its brilliant! brilliant picture quality and mostly touch screen love it :D

Plastic Sith

New owner question: When you have the sidelights/main lights on should there be an illuminated icon on the dash?

I have one on full beam but not when i have the side lights/main lights on?

Stoo

Whining.....
Welcome dude

As far as I know, the only 'Light' Illumination tell tale is the full beam blue one.
Stoo

Marpol

Advanced Member
No side and dipped lights just bring on the red dash illuminations, full beam brings on the blue symbol ;)

Edit... By red illuminations I mean the switches and dials light up red so you see them in the dark

Plastic Sith

My Honda time line that has led up to my DC5 ownership:

This:

to this:

VERY reluctantly to this:

which was just no fun at all hence the need for this:

Plastic Sith

Marpol, Stoo - cheers for the responses gents xthumbsup

Kinda thought that'd be the case but just wanted to make sure i didn't have any dash lights out!