hi

silvester

hello, just purchased my first honda after 4 years of owning a twin turbo supra, family comes first and the sup was impractical ( still getting over my loss) however the white dc5 i have now is superb and am loving the drive to work .

steve.. :D

Raffe

Advanced Member
silvester said:
Raffe said:
Hi Steve, car ok for you :wink:
yes great..... phil????..... :oops: is that you??
Yes mate, just messing :wink: :lol: 8)

How are you getting on with the change to FWD, got the LSD tugging you around roundabouts yet 8) 8) :D

silvester

Raffe said:
silvester said:
Raffe said:
Hi Steve, car ok for you :wink:
yes great..... phil????..... :oops: is that you??
Yes mate, just messing :wink: :lol: 8)

How are you getting on with the change to FWD, got the LSD tugging you around roundabouts yet 8) 8) :D
yes just about used to the torque steer but iam sure it will bite me in the arse when i least ecspect it! car just goes and goes, superb. such a diferent animal to the supra, this seems a little more brutal to drive, as in IT takes me to work and the supra just ambled along. i have to remember that it wont beat anything in a staight line any more but cornering brings a whole different smile to my face. i always loved the btcc look and now its sitting in the garage looking like a autobot!!!. brilliant. :)
in reply to the above post, the supra was awsume and scared the shit out of me every time i drove it :D however did the same when i took it for an mot or a service, although it didnt cost me too much at all in 4 years, 11 year old twin turbo was soon gona cost a fortune. and i had to run 3 cars in the family so it didnt cost me 100 quid a week in fuel. ( i think i managed a pound a mile at its worst :lol: ) but 400bhp is always gona be like that. its sad to think that it was prob the fastest car ill ever own but time change and now with a 1 year old daughter this was the only choice for me. nothing else had the racey edge. that i was looking for.

hope you guys on here can point me in the right direction when wanting advice, i am no mecanic but will have one of the cleanest cars on this forum. :wink:

PS phil having your bumper mods repaired on friday!! :)
will get some pics up asap.

also any one going to the donington on sunday??

cheers

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Hi mate and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know - that's not torque steer. Thats the power being suspended to the front wheel that's losing traction and then sent to the one with the traction through the Limited slip diff.

The worst thing you can do at that point is lift off the throttle!

You'll get the hang of it :D