Hid kit recommendations please? :)

TimmyDC5

Hi I've went through two honda oem ballasts and two hid4u kits rewired looms changed the fuses the lot and I've still a dipped headlight lol Gonna order a new kit any recomendations guys? thanks

Rom

Advanced Member
Can you explain exactly what the problem is ?

As there is something underlying that is wrong to have gone through all of that.

TimmyDC5

Rom said:
Can you explain exactly what the problem is ?

As there is something underlying that is wrong to have gone through all of that.
Right when I bought the car in June the driver side dipped beam went so I got a Honda Ballast in which lasted for two weeks before going out then I got another Ballast which last for a month before going out, so gave up and bought a new hid kit for hid4u which lasted til january then the passenger side dipped bulb went so done abit of checking rewired the loom on that side and it worked again lol then the driver side dipped beam went and then rewired the loom on that side and it worked then the passenger ballast went so ordered another hid kit from hid4u and the ballast has went in it again lol all the fuses are grand the bulbs themselve are grand I just seem to go through the odd ballast lol Just need another kit thats decent priced and should hopefully do me for the summer lol

TimmyDC5

dotty said:
There's clearly a wiring issue there.
You think? Cause one ballast I have works when I first start the car but then 30seconds down the road it just cuts out and wont go back on the other ballast I've lying about just wont turn on at all if used?

anton1234

Advanced Member
First thing, is the ballast the correct size for the lamps?( as in wattage) and second are you touching the lamps with your bare hands?