HID XXXXK

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
One of my HID bulbs blew last week,

Got round to ordering a replacement, went for 6000K bulbs, does anyone know what the DC5 came with standard? And what K do you run, what colour is it?

My last bulbs were quite blue so hopefully they'll be more white now.

dc55_11

Advanced Member
I am looking to order new ones as well mate do you mind telling me where you got them from ?

redcap

Advanced Member
Just ordered some new HID's for mine, Went for the Osram Cool Blue Intense 5000k, I didn't want to go too blue!

I'm hoping they will match the Osram Cool Blue Intense side lights and full beam bulbs I also bought.

DC5RS

DC5
as above 4300K for OEM, if you got 6000k then change both HID's and make sure they 35w

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Fahadl786 said:
Does the front bumper have to be removed in order to fit?

I reckon 8500k
Yes it does if you want to do it properly and give yourself some space to work.

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Thanks a lot NIcky :xhaha2:, I was looking to get 8000k and Phillips don't seem to do that colour temperature, do you guys know anyone else reliable that does these as I wanna stay away from the really cheap brands ?

redcap

Advanced Member
Thinking may be I should have gone with a full set of PHILIPS D2R + H1 + W5W ULTRABLUE XENON BULBS.

Could have got the whole lot for about £80, I ended up spending about £120 but are the Osram bulbs better? Most of the reviews I read online say they are the best quality bulbs available? Any one else got them?

redcap

Advanced Member
dc55_11 said:
Thanks a lot NIcky :xhaha2:, I was looking to get 8000k and Phillips don't seem to do that colour temperature, do you guys know anyone else reliable that does these as I wanna stay away from the really cheap brands ?
Take a look here for good quality bulbs and they have most options. I bought mine from them, prices are pretty good. I'm not convinced the bulbs from eBay are genuine stock.

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/d2r-xenon-hid-bulbs/

itrsarg

Advanced Member
redcap said:
Not for Phillips or Osram bulbs.
Yeah ok not phillips, I've had 3 sets of eBay ones in different cars & there still going strong after a couple years :)