High Cold Idle

bennn

Advanced Member
Guys not long had my DC5 and I've noticed it seems to have a very high cold idle.

It idles around 2.5k rpm and then goes up further towards 3k rpm when the clutch is depressed.

Once its warmed up it drops down to around 1k.

Its been while since I've owned a K20 engined car but I'm pretty sure they didn't idle this high and I don't think it would be normal.

It's got a gruppe M fitted to it, along with a spoon N1 and spoon b-pipe but I wouldn't have thought that's whats causing the issue?

Cheers

Ben

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Mine does the same, as i pull of my drive an change 1st to 2nd the revs seem to shoot up

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

bennn

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
Mine does the same, as i pull of my drive an change 1st to 2nd the revs seem to shoot up

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Only thing I can think of could be a vaccum leak? Or maybe an issue with the ICV?

Grano

Had the same thing, was a faulty idle air assist valve. Ended up just buying a delete kit. Otherwise, my guess would be a vacuum leak or dirty throttle body/control valve?

bennn

Advanced Member
Grano said:
Had the same thing, was a faulty idle air assist valve. Ended up just buying a delete kit. Otherwise, my guess would be a vacuum leak or dirty throttle body/control valve?
Jimmer said:
IACV clean and new TB gasket should do the trick. :)
Cheers guys, IACV might be worth a clean. Guessing the gasket isn't a lot / too difficult to change?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Got to take the TB off to get the the IACV. Paper filter from Honda is £6, thermal one from Tegiwa is about £12? More so you get a good seal when you rebuild it again, and avoid vac leaks.

wocka

Advanced Member
Mine does this too, will see how you get on benn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grano

If it hasn't been off before you will have to scrape the oem gasket off, takes a bit of time but not difficult. I would get the thermal gasket, just because its re-usable and the IACV does need cleaning over time.