High Mileage Maintenance

gaza4

Advanced Member
My car in just after passing 245k kms (152k miles). Since i bought it 4 years ago at 150k I've mainly just done regular oil/filter and gear oil changes. Spark plugs, coolant, front pads and disks have also been done. Radiator and hoses were replaced and front wishbones polybushed.

What work or inspections should i be looking to do over the next while in the run up to 300k???

ste01

Advanced Member
The same as any other car, just watch for wear and tear. Check the chain, valve clearance, fuel filter, keep eye on wheel bearings etc. List is endless really, just keep an eye on it and use previous service intervals.

Although I think worrying about 300k is a bit much when you only average 500 miles per year ;) haha I'd be more worried of things seizing or perishing rather than wearing out!

Edit: just read again and realised you are talking in a mix of km and miles. So you bought car at 150kms not miles haha

Elliot438

Pollen filters fitted and ever been changed?
Power steering fluid change
Brake and clutch fluid
Valve clearances
PCV valve in working order?

masterjedijay

Advanced Member
I am at 218k miles and I regularly have it serviced every 9k. Had the timing chain changed recently on TGM's advice but I have had no problems. I normally have it serviced at Honda and they normally tell me when the fluid, spark plugs, valve clearances, etc need changing.