High rpm misfire ?

Lynchdc5

Need advice.

My dc5 over the weekend started bogging down at around 110 mph . Now bearing in mind my car has had the delimiter chip installed above the gearbox for about 3 or 4 months now and has been working great up until the weekend, would the chip be fault? Just seems wierd that at 110 it's bogging again . Car drives fine up until that speed..

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Sounds like the wires may have come loose or something of that nature. I'd locate the chip and ensure it's connected properly.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

k20_irf

Advanced Member
Lynchdc5 said:
Need advice.

My dc5 over the weekend started bogging down at around 110 mph . Now bearing in mind my car has had the delimiter chip installed above the gearbox for about 3 or 4 months now and has been working great up until the weekend, would the chip be fault? Just seems wierd that at 110 it's bogging again . Car drives fine up until that speed..
Those chip that wires into the vss are rubbish. Always failing. Has the car reverted back to kilometres?

Lynchdc5

Still reading in mph . The chip was soldered and heat wrapped so thinking it the chip itself and not the connections but il have a look .

Friend of mine was actually behind me when she cut out and said there was sparks coming out of the exhaust is this normal ?