Higher mileage DC5's?

DC5DAVE

Hi all.

Have not done much posting since I joined so thought I best start!

Most DC5's seem to be very low mileage, my own car is an 03 with 45k (virtually all done in Japan prior to me purchasing it).
I was wondering if there are any owners here who have put some serious miles on their cars and if so what experiences, problems have they come across?

Cheers

Dave :D

dotty

Advanced Member
Nov 51 DC5 - 52k on the clock. No problems at all.

If you look after the car it will look after you! 8)

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Due to my job, I've put some 'serious' miles on my car. At around 75k I think now. Regular servicing and oil changes and no problems.

Only had to take it in once for a heat shield to be tightened up underneath (common problem).

Suped

Advanced Member
Nov 01 and with 69k on the clock. Not a problem at all. Due to work location means all miles are motorway. Hasn't missed a beat! :lol:

Greensprout

Advanced Member
Evil_Weasel said:
Due to my job, I've put some 'serious' miles on my car. At around 75k I think now. Regular servicing and oil changes and no problems.

Only had to take it in once for a heat shield to be tightened up underneath (common problem).
Tut! Is that a problem on the DC5 too?

I had the same problem on my Del Sol and DC2!

JT3173

Advanced Member
Bought my 04 plate with 13k on the clock, all done in the UK.

I have done 13k in 6 months and loved every mile of it.

Just change the oil on it every 5-6k, wash it a few times a week otherwise the muck from the road will stick to the paint like glue.

Cant really see anyone who has a good car having any real problems reall, its Honda and its Jap = reliability! :D

Mark_teg

Staff member
Have any done 100k+??
I know plenty of ctrs have, so I know tegs are more than capable..

DC5DAVE

Thanks for the reply's, good to hear they are generally trouble free even with slightly higher miles. I tend to go 'OTT' when it comes to servicing anyway so hopefully mine will be as reliable as the majority here!
:xcheers:

morgan

Advanced Member
They are engineered like all Hondas - that is a projected service life of 250K (yep, you read right).

My DC2 had nearly 100K and still performed like the day I got her (with just 20 miles on the clock ! )

Its a Honda. Service it, it'll take it indefinately. The only real difference with these is they tend to get nailed (as do DC2s, CTRs etc etc). Therefore 100K in one of these will have been a much harder 100K than in your average car... But then they are built like nothing else to start with, so it probably balances out.

I would rather have a higher miles cared for car than a low miles 'kevd up' one. I would never buy anything with any mods - sends all the wrong signals.

Rick_1138

Advanced Member
was on autotrader last night, looking at getting a cheap Civic to be a daily runner so a DC5 can be a car for trips up north to see GF and weekend drives as a mileage limit may be an idea for insurance, and also i am not rafting the car up here on the salt encrusted roads......

anyway, looking at cheap hacks and found a CRX mk 1, blue, looked okay, had 295,000 miles on the clock, still had tax and MOT.

£1400 to you sir.

Now if that isnt an advert for honda reliability, i don't know what is!

spo_gen

Advanced Member
If anything, the engine gets better and better through age and miles. Just as long its been serviced and looked after well.