Highest mileage DC5

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
Post your mileage. I have 48K miles

What kind of problems you had so far. If you had any major problems please post.

What parts needed replacement?

Anything one should know if they intend to keep their car above for a long term.

Suped

Advanced Member
Have just hit 52k miles.

No major problems apart from air-con system. Had the a/c compressor replaced under warranty and then a few other parts done at TGM. Get oil & oil filter changed every few months which helps.

Also had the spark plugs replaced at last service. :lol:

gregb

Advanced Member
Mines @ 64,000 kms 2001
So far 2 tracking rod ends,2 anti roll bar linkages(Irish roads :? ),and an a/c radiator(own fault)
That`s about it upkeeping wise.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Mine is 25k on an 03 reg, not had her too long though so no problems yet (touches wood)!

Cheers
Wardy

linzi94

Advanced Member
on the subject of mileage, anyone got theres actually reading miles correctly after the old SVA km change?

my display reads 41000 but the car has done 7000 less, i was informed that the display could not be changed to read propperly the conversion from kilometers to miles.

eg, when i got it it had 22k kilometers and when changed to miles it read 22k miles.... (22k kilometers is about 15k miles)

not had any problems... apart from my AEM fighting with 5th gear and the air con but then thats my fault!

Duncs

mines a 01 came over with 14km, (8k miles) the total now is about 22k miles,

nothing ill to report, not even a bulb, changed 1 wiper blade and thats it,

iDrew

Advanced Member
Mines an 02 plate, with 26k miles :wink:

It's my daily drive, all that's gone wrong (touch wood) is the rear number plate bulb needed changing :lol:

ally_mac

Advanced Member
mine is a 04 with 23k on it. Only problem I had was with the coilpack, but think it was just a loose connection has the car hasnt skipped a beat since (touch wood)

kingston

Advanced Member
Came over with 5500 on, clocl now reads 26kish

53 plate but is an Feb 04 model

Nothing wrong yet but lots of strange sounds and noises that apparently are nothing to worry about :?

Gaz 1

Advanced Member
Mine is an 03 plate with 17k on the clock, replaced the wiper blades thats it, touch wood :lol:

Suped

Advanced Member
linzi94 said:
on the subject of mileage, anyone got theres actually reading miles correctly after the old SVA km change?

my display reads 41000 but the car has done 7000 less, i was informed that the display could not be changed to read propperly the conversion from kilometers to miles.

eg, when i got it it had 22k kilometers and when changed to miles it read 22k miles.... (22k kilometers is about 15k miles)
Who said that?? Mine has been recalibrated to the correct mileage reprentation. And now is reading fully in mileages. :D

corbie

Advanced Member
linzi94 said:

I got mine changed I can give you the contact details of the guy if you want. He is in Stirling.

dazza

Advanced Member
2004 with 18.5k, had it 7 months and only a passenger wiper blade :D

If something goes wrong tommorow, i'm not going to be happy :( :wink: :lol:

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Think I'm fast approaching 50k now, and only a fresh set of tyres and new front brake pads that have needed replacing! :wink:

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
mine (2002) had just clocked 92000 kms, no problem really apart from those creaking recaros & some odd rattle from the under carriage area... thats bout it.. still having all the stock mounting with me...