Highly recommended tyres

kingston

Advanced Member
I may try these next. Anybody running 225/45/17? Not sure if they would rub on a lowered teg? Also what are the sidewalls like on the F1 assymetrics? I dont like them too soft
not as hard as a dedicated track tyre but better than a normal tyre but you need xl versions otherwise theyll be supersoft. When pushed hard you can feel the tyre wall start to give an induce understeer but....

firthy22

Advanced Member
I may try these next. Anybody running 225/45/17? Not sure if they would rub on a lowered teg? Also what are the sidewalls like on the F1 assymetrics? I dont like them too soft
I am running 225/45x17 F1 Assy 2's with Eibach Pro springs and no rubbing or problems at all. Still the best tyre I've had on the DC5 in the dry and the wet.

viggen

Advanced Member
im running ad08 225/45/17 they are very wide.and have no problem and my car is lowered

celox performance

Advanced Member
I own a few cars and for the last few years and I have only run the F1's on all of them as a road tyre. I haven't tried the Assymetric 2 yet but i'll be sure to buy them next.

The earlier Assymetric 1 tyres were amazing in the wet for track use so i'd presume that the Assymetric 2's would be even better.

zeppelin101

I had some on the front of my old S13 for a while in 225/45/17 flavour. They were good until they got to about 2/2.5mm wear and literally fell off a cliff after that. Reduced steering feel and shoddy in greasy conditions, nevermind the wet.

If there is a newer version, I hope they survive a bit better as they reach end of life.

integraleo

Advanced Member
i have the eagle f1 asymetric 2's XL on my standard teg and they are very very good tyres in the wet and dry.wouldnt hesitate to buy them again.ive had 5 teg type r's and have tried most of the main performance tyres and i rate these above all that i have had in the past.the pirreli p zero neros were good on my old dc2 too

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I've just bought the f1 acyer 2s to replace my fronts. I couldn't find the xl ones :( so went with 225 45 17 91y (unless 91 makes then xl by default?). I've always sworn by these tyres but this will be my first set of the rev 2s

redcap

Advanced Member
Yokohama ad-08's are by far the best Tyres I've had on my DC5. Decided to get these over the Goodyear's, I've not tried them but yoko's get my vote.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Been running the new Goodyear ACM2s for a week now and feel great. I'm going round Oulton tomorrow so will see how they get on what appears to be a damp track :(

larz

Advanced Member
just changed from the F1s back to a set of budget ditch magnets and my god i regret it... it feels like understeer even though you know it's not understeering... just highlights how confident the F1s made me... the ride was less comfy, but it was so worth it...

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have always had Yokohama Advan Sports on mine. (215/45/17) I get them for £345 fitted! I'm friends with Juliyan and Kevin at Rare rims/Rota wheels. Great grip I think. Sounds stupid but they look really good on the car too. And they last 10k+ on the front 15k+ on the rear. And no I dont drive like a girl!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
The ASM2's did the business today at Oulton. It was wet and they held on like something else. Very happy. I urge people to try!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Its personally preference as always but always run 32 all round. I went out with 27 all round on track and when up to temp they were between 32-34.

larz

Advanced Member
depends on your driving style.. for every day driving, i find 32-34 a good pressure with good tires.. however, if you like to accelerate hard you might want slightly lower pressure as i found the middle of my front tires were wearing quicker than the sides.. (so I kept the same pressure and started cornering harder xthumbup LOL)

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Sounds good. I had already mine set to 32PSI all round so I guess that wasn't a bad stab in the dark. :)

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Just ordered my first set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 91Y extra load

Can't wait to get them on. I would love to be able to afford a set of winters and then a set of these later next year but I can't so i'm going for these as an all year round tyre. Luckily I won't be doing too much driving in the snow though.