History of wj51 euw?

Mikedc588

Hello all, I've just signed up to the forum after previously being an owner of a dc2 I now find myself in a market for a nice 5' : )..Ive started looking at a few just to see what there like..I visited a nice clean white one today with the reg WJ51 EUW in Bristol. Apparently the owner traded in for a focus r's, Now first impressions were initially good bodywork was spotless,but on the test drive it seemed to be juddering/misfiring?clutch gearbox was fine, no lights on the dashboard just the stuttering..the salesman said he knew nothing about it..can anyone shed any light on this?because something doesn't seem right.sorry about the essay.cheers mike

Mikedc588

Wow you guys are fast at replying!, that's an interesting read..no doubt the cars bodywork was probably the best ive seen so far,but it really let me down on the test drive, does anyone know what kind of problem it might be? vtec engaged but the misfiring seemed strange..not to mention the customer service of these guys is pretty arrogant to say the least.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
mike.williams said:
2nd to last post on that thread.

Chris-dc5 said it was of his mates car
my bad. i didn't realise someone had owned up to knowing it. i got bored of the focus rs vs dc5 discussion lol

best to drop chris-dc5 a PM and see if he can put you in contact with the previous owner :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Mikedc588 said:
Wow you guys are fast at replying!, that's an interesting read..no doubt the cars bodywork was probably the best ive seen so far,but it really let me down on the test drive, does anyone know what kind of problem it might be? vtec engaged but the misfiring seemed strange..not to mention the customer service of these guys is pretty arrogant to say the least.
That's a typical salesman for you..

When Chris sees this hopefully he'll help you out Mike.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

dave7368

Advanced Member
any decent trader would be fixing the problem before anyone purchased it. if you're not 100% happy giving these guys your hard earnt take it somewhere else.. my 2p :D

Mikedc588

Cheers mark, you guys are pretty helpful I must say.il drop this guy a pm see If I can't narrow the issue down..I personally think this monkey for a salesman jet washed the engine bay or had it steam cleaned and its affected it in some way or other..he said he'd get his "workshop" to have a look at the car, but after that experience I'm not sure i trust him.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
interesting that it was misfiring, there could be several reasons, but plugs seem prett common on the older cars, they are very possibly original, also sometimes the cam cover seals can perish and oil leaks down the plug holes and can also cause a misfire.
it would be easy to fix and the engines are very robust so i doubt its anything serious.

where (which garage) did you go and see it?

Mikedc588

I viewed it at the focus direct centre in yate,Bristol there's a lot of mixed reviews of the service etc but a couple of people like what they do for the ford enthusiasts..I didn't think it was serious.i might see what it's like after they've "fixed" it, might even get a mechanic friend to do a pressure test on the engine just for piece of mind.thanks for the help though mate.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Lucky I didn't drive all the way from Newcastle to view this! They never told me any of that over the phone. I instead drove to Nottingham and viewed a car that has had serious damage yet only claim to have had "a little bump" when on the phone.