Hit a limiter in 4th at 7250RPM..

adam.

Advanced Member
I was at Bedford on Monday, down the back straight after a 3rd gear hairpin. I went up to 8k then changed into 4th, and at ~7250RPM I hit what felt like a rev limiter.

No ECL, oil level fine, and it only did it once. The only thing I can think is that I didn't have a whole load of fuel left at the time. But it felt like an electronic limit, rather than fuel starvation - as the car was also going straight ahead (no slosh!). The car was faultless otherwise, and it didn't happen again.

I have it on video, so I'll upload when I can. Does anyone know what could've caused it?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
How low on fuel? Was it a cough, or revs bouncing like the limiter?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

adam.

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
How low on fuel? Was it a cough, or revs bouncing like the limiter?

Well that's kind of why I'm asking, it wasn't a cough; it bounced twice and then I backed off and came into the pits.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
May just be fuel starvation from the hairpin. Picked up an air bubble or two while on the extreme of the hairpin.

adam.

Advanced Member
That would make the most sense. I ran with that low a fuel level just once during the day. I immediately put half a tank in and it didn't do it again.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Aeration of the fuel lines for sure. It's a horrible feeling when you're in full flow and the car stutters.

Justintian

Advanced Member
I always keep my fuel above 1/4 just for sure. If you are really going for it with slick tyres you properly should put a swirl pot in the fuel line just to avoid the starvation or bubble due to the G force you may create during hard cornering.

adam.

Advanced Member
JT's said:
I always keep my fuel above 1/4 just for sure. If you are really going for it with slick tyres you properly should put a swirl pot in the fuel line just to avoid the starvation or bubble due to the G force you may create during hard cornering.
Yeah I'll probably do the same 1/4 tank thing from now on, I was on AD08Rs that were nice and hot.