HKB boss torque/ help

Jj1acey_Dc5

Hi

I‘m sure this has already been covered.

Fitting my Momo Monte Carlo today after work and doesn‘t feel right when I‘m tightening the nut up
I know the original is steel to steel and the new boss is cast alloy so you won‘t be able to tighten up to the 28ftlb-30ftlb otherwise there are chances of you splitting the casting. It‘s a genuine HKB from Rival motorsport.

Can anyone advise on how tight to do them or is it just a case of do it up until you think it‘s tight enough?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jack

spooke

Advanced Member
Jj1acey_Dc5 said:
Hi

I‘m sure this has already been covered.

Fitting my Momo Monte Carlo today after work and doesn‘t feel right when I‘m tightening the nut up
I know the original is steel to steel and the new boss is cast alloy so you won‘t be able to tighten up to the 28ftlb-30ftlb otherwise there are chances of you splitting the casting. It‘s a genuine HKB from Rival motorsport.

Can anyone advise on how tight to do them or is it just a case of do it up until you think it‘s tight enough?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jack
I assume there was nothing in the manual?

Quick search online says,

INSTALLATION NOTE:
– Maximum torque is just over finger tight @3.5kg. The item is composed of cast aluminum and anything more will result in damage to the boss kit. No claim on damage from installation unless video is provided from installation at provided torque spec.