HKS Hi-Power RSX results

kingston

Advanced Member
Do it bitch, do it

But before you do, let me hear the before and after results and ill let you know

mikegsi

Staff member
Suped said:
I've had a quick word with Tom today and he reakons cutting off the resonator should be quite straight forward. Might think about it more now. Also the mid-pipe is nicely scratched up due to speed bumps now and the zorst needs a good polish up. :lol:
do you think the oem middle section would still fit onto the hks backbox?

the centre box is much smaller on that and wouldnt suffer from scraping on speed bumps

kingston

Advanced Member
The OEM is a 2-piece unit (or mine is unless it wasnt standard), whilst the SHP is a 3 piece unit; main back box, 'long' pipe, mid silencer.

In order to get the OEM pipe on, you'd have to do a cut and shut job which in turn make the OEM unit a 3 piece unit....

You could go to a exhaust fabricator and get another mid pipe made i guess but probably wouldnt be the same material as the HKS one, mind you, not many people are going to see it though.

As for Edward polishing his exhaust :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just reread you post mike, do you mean just mate the HKS back box to the OEM mid-section/silencer?

mikegsi

Staff member
kingston said:
Just reread you post mike, do you mean just mate the HKS back box to the OEM mid-section/silencer?
yes mate, just swap the middle sections over

kingston

Advanced Member
Could do i guess but then you'd lose out on the lovely stainless finish of the HKS....

Think the pipe sizes might be different too but cant remember (as in diameter).

Didnt/dont you have HKS exhaust? dont think its any different to the HP cept its fully stainless....

Also if its just a back box youd be after, id rather have a Top Fuel Titanium one

mikegsi

Staff member
i do have the hks system, but my mid section is mild stell, i got the last of them before they made it a full stainless system :( so unless the bore is different i cant see why it wouldnt fit, think i'll take it all along to my mates and dstick it up on his ramps and have a look!

Suped

Advanced Member
off the top of me head, I doubt the OEM will fit the HKS on mid-pipe onwards. I've got the OEM in the garage so will have a quick look in the morning.

Mike, does ure HKS have the resonator just before the backbox??

DC5-loveR

Advanced Member
Thanks for that James :p lol

If anyone fancies a Performnace exhaust for their DC5 we can supply AEM, HKS, Top Fuel, Trust, + more get in touch

ben

mikegsi

Staff member
Suped said:
Mike, does ure HKS have the resonator just before the backbox??
yes mate it does, it came from tom who explained that at the time the hks was part mild steel and the back box stainless, but that hks were changing it soon to a full stainless system.