HKS Silent and HKS High Power

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
Having a bit if an issue, I currently have a near on brand new HKS Silent high power cat back on my Teg, it's a great sound but really is too quiet for my style of driving. What I would like to know is if I was to buy a HKS high power back box would it be a straight fit to my centre pipe? I understand this is a question not a lot of people would know the answer to but I can't find any info on the net as the Silent was discontinued quite a while ago.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Is the funny little chamber on the top of the backbox not the part that reduces noise?

My theory would be cut it out, re weld it shut at try that. Would effectively be the same as an ordinary catback then, bit more noisy. And obviously if you keep the top chamber it would be reversible if it was not to your liking. :)

James

ckh

Advanced Member
i had that exhaust before and had the box cut off and a straight B-pipe and the sound was much better!

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Is the funny little chamber on the top of the backbox not the part that reduces noise?

My theory would be cut it out, re weld it shut at try that. Would effectively be the same as an ordinary catback then, bit more noisy. And obviously if you keep the top chamber it would be reversible if it was not to your liking. :)

James
yes mate it's got the resonator, considered chopping it off but then thought about keeping it standard for track use so I wouldn't need a baffle for noise limit as I don't know how loud it would be .

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
ckh said:
i had that exhaust before and had the box cut off and a straight B-pipe and the sound was much better!
good shout, never thought about chopping the box out and I guess it was less restrictive? Is it the back box or the B pipe that has the resonator?

ckh

Advanced Member
it gives a very raspy sound but tbh if you going to cut the box and get a straight B-pipe you might aswell get a different system, its a lot less hassle

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
ckh said:
it gives a very raspy sound but tbh if you going to cut the box and get a straight B-pipe you might aswell get a different system, its a lot less hassle
spoke to my mate he welds for Porsche and said he would make stainless steel insert pipe for me and fit it for a score, getting a new HKS will set me back about £540 so il try this first, as long as it makes a bit more noise it will be ok for a while