HKS Silent Hi Power pic

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Does anyone have a pic of the above fitted to a DC5, I'm looking for a pic of the newer full stainless steel one.

I used to have one of the older ones which I liked the sound of but it sat a little too far in, I hear that the newer one sits a little further out and overlaps the bumper, any pics would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Will

jimmi27

Advanced Member
i have one of these and it does look mint, i will post some pics soon, however i would not choose this again. it sits really low so tents to catch the b pipe on speed bumps etc and the weld around the silencer has started to blow, im not the first to have had this problem, it also weighs a tone!!........

not all negative though....i got good gains from it, i got 134 bhp wit it and a mugen induction/ 5zigen air ram and k-pro so not too shabby. plus it does sound great, lovely note when crusing but then ery mean when in v-tec.

just thought i would give u the heads on my 2p worth, will try and get photos asap. :)

tron2k3

Advanced Member
jimmi27 said:
i have one of these and it does look mint, i will post some pics soon, however i would not choose this again. it sits really low so tents to catch the b pipe on speed bumps etc and the weld around the silencer has started to blow, im not the first to have had this problem, it also weighs a tone!!........

not all negative though....i got good gains from it, i got 134 bhp wit it and a mugen induction/ 5zigen air ram and k-pro so not too shabby. plus it does sound great, lovely note when crusing but then ery mean when in v-tec.

just thought i would give u the heads on my 2p worth, will try and get photos asap. :)
Thanks Jimmi

I think you got a typo on the 134bhp hope its 234bhp anyway :)

I did love the sound of my old one thats why I want another and I also think it suits the car, but I agree with the build quality its not great, mine isn't lowered (at the moment) so should be ok with it being low. It's either this or a Toda Exhaust, but the Toda just sounds standard though :cry:

jimmi27

Advanced Member
haha yea 234, :oops: . the rest of the build quality is excellent , what you expect from HKS. i think the reason for the silencer crack is due to one huge slanted speed bump by my house which even when you roll as slow as possible, feels like u just drove the car down a small cliff!!.

i got it re-welded though and only cost a tenner as a mate did it so no biggie. as you say, the sound is great. :)

i would be in a pickle too if i was going to change exhaust!!

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Will,

Not sure if this is of interest, but I'm thinking of changing my HKS Hi-Power for something different, so it's up for grabs. No idea about older/newer, but it does sit out past the bumper (I remember someone asking about this before, but can't remember who)

tron2k3

Advanced Member
DolphiN Tech said:
Will,

Not sure if this is of interest, but I'm thinking of changing my HKS Hi-Power for something different, so it's up for grabs. No idea about older/newer, but it does sit out past the bumper (I remember someone asking about this before, but can't remember who)
I think it might have been me who asked last time.

I would have taken you up on this offer but I've gone and ordered a Toda exhaust now. :wink:

Thanks for the offer though.

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
tron2k3 said:
I think it might have been me who asked last time.

I would have taken you up on this offer but I've gone and ordered a Toda exhaust now. :wink:

Thanks for the offer though.
You could well be right there...can't go wrong with the Toda though :D

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Was worried I might burn the bumper again and since I've had it resprayed don't really want to risk it, even though it was the ideal sound and looks. But I guess its Toda for power :)