HKS silent high power exhaust

karlteg

looking to fit one to the teg but still after some more info if anyone got any please? am after a quiter exhaust compared to my buddyclub system currently on car and this seems like a nice sounding choice but would be ideal if anyones got some feedback before i go for it and buy ....

Thanks in advance karl

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I had one and would have another, sounded great and was good quality, you may have a problem getting one though as I think they are no longer produced.

karlteg

I had one and would have another, sounded great and was good quality, you may have a problem getting one though as I think they are no longer produced.

yeah mate struggling to track one down, rang hks and they confirmed there dis continued, dont suposse u know off any other brands which do a silent style exhaust?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i would also recomend whatever Porthos has fitted to his, its very nice when cruising but sounds mental when in vtec

integraleo

Advanced Member
I have a trust system that is pretty quiet.not sure the exact model but it has a blue tip which looks great,not too loud at all....in fact apart from standard is quitest system ive had on a car.

CJN

Advanced Member
I'm eager to get a list of 'quiet' exhausts.

Ideally, I would like something that isn't too loud while cruising, but if I want to have a little blast then it opens up.

The only one that springs to mind is the Mugen twinloop.

kahn_v

Advanced Member
By adding a cd sports manifold will it make the encaustic louder?
Secondly my hks silent is hanging low as the mechanic said it wil touch the body o the car. What do I do to raise it up? I will post a picture later on

Gareth88

Advanced Member
I had one on my mine.. sold it about a month ago, It was anything but quiet in my opinion. It boomed when cruising at anything above mid 60's. Iv got a Mugen Twin Loop now and I was amazed at how much quieter it is. Didn't really notice any difference in performance between the two

Bonito

Advanced Member
I love the note off the HKS but they're not silent. Sound lovely in VTEC. There's one in the video in the pinned thread in this section.

mikegsi

Staff member
There's 2 different HKS ones, the hi-power and the silent hi-power. The silent one has a slightly deeper tone when cruising but a sound similar to a motorbike screaming in Vtec. Don't know about the non silent version as I've not had one.

Other options are the kaki koto regu06&r, almost standard sound when cruising but a unique tone in Vtec.

Spoon b pipe and oem back box also works to improve flow with proven gains but maintains oem sound.