HKS Silent High Power Problem

danr19

Advanced Member
Hello, I‘ve got an issue with my HKS Silent High Power Exhaust and after searching can‘t find any previous discussions with same problem….I‘m hoping somebody can give me an idea of what it might be and whether it‘s fixable.

It‘s hard to describe the sound but it‘s started making a warbling / rattling noise at about 3200 revs (same in each gear). It isn‘t a particularly high pitch noise like metal clanging against metal - I guess more like the sound you‘d expect when it‘s starting to blow

I‘ve read that the resonator weld inevitably goes on these exhausts – Although I feel I've probably answered my own question is this maybe a sign it's starting to happen? Or could it be something else?

I took the car to TGM late last year when it first started showing signs of making the noise but it was very subtle then and Tom couldn‘t find any leaks. I guess the next step now the sound is more prominent is to take it back and see if there is an obvious leak.

I don‘t really want to have to buy a new exhaust so I‘m hoping it‘s fixable

Thanks very much,

Dan

danr19

Advanced Member
Thanks again Dave

I've just noticed a thread in the fault and fixes section too (where this query should probably be...sorry :oops: ) regarding a rattling from within an exhaust caused because it's breaking up inside. Mine isn't that bad yet but I assume could be the start of it. I'll have to try and figure out exactly where it's coming from...and then possibly look at replacing that section (maybe with OEM? - if that's possible?). I think what's on there at the moment is a cat back but only the back box is stainless