Honda badge replacement

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Iv ordered a Honda badge second Hand from jap performance the the badge not the other square bit it fits in do I have to take the bumper of or can it just be changed without ?

tico_87

Advanced Member
Not sure just removing the badge itself, but I managed to replace the complete unit (badge and rear surround section) without removing my front bumper.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
If it's the front and you dont want the old badge (and you have a badge with adhesive on the back) then just peel it off. Easiest way is with a screwdriver (Be careful) and pull it towards you. It will most likely splinter into a million pieces but just be patient and make sure the whole are is clean and dry before applying the new badge.

Makes a massive difference.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
As above, you can do it that way, but wear some sort of eye protection, mine actually EXPLODED in my face, lol.

shanedixon

Advanced Member
if i do that will it not brake the holder its in ? or is it best to get the holder out then take badge out the holder going be doin this over the weekend

shanedixon

Advanced Member
I ripped mine off and they sent me the wrong one and haven't the one I need so I'm buggered now

hondazzz

Advanced Member
tico_87 said:
Not sure just removing the badge itself, but I managed to replace the complete unit (badge and rear surround section) without removing my front bumper.
sorry for hijacking the thread but how did you do it with the bumper on? my "special" painter decided that it would be better not to use screws and fixed the badge on using some kind of glue..untill it fell...

tico_87

Advanced Member
hondazzz said:
sorry for hijacking the thread but how did you do it with the bumper on? my "special" painter decided that it would be better not to use screws and fixed the badge on using some kind of glue..untill it fell...
Your "special" painter needs a slap lol he seriously glued on the badge!?

Just simply removed the clips holding the grill and bumper at the top and pulled it towards me. Got my hands in and with a small screwdriver undid all the screws holding it on, simples. But removing the bumper is easy (removed mine the other day to try and fit something) i just couldn't be bothered that day lol

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Your "special" painter needs a slap lol he seriously glued on the badge!?

Just simply removed the clips holding the grill and bumper at the top and pulled it towards me. Got my hands in and with a small screwdriver undid all the screws holding it on, simples. But removing the bumper is easy (removed mine the other day to try and fit something) i just couldn't be bothered that day lol
i thought there wouldnt be enough space,ok man i will give it a try or else i will remove the bumper to try to fit something myself and fix the emblem at the same time,thanks:)

Riz

Advanced Member
Is there a part number I can type into the honda parts website for a new badge?

Nathan_621

Advanced Member
Has anyone removed the rear badge and replaced?

Is it just a case of heating the glue up and removing?

Thanks

joiner

Advanced Member
Small strip of tape top and bottom with two location pins on the red H, fishing line and heat and off it will come

ijlh

Advanced Member
Removing the rear badge is easy with a hairdryer and bit of tooth floss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan_621

Advanced Member
Thanks boys, I'll get one ordered and get it changed over.

Guessing also the front requires bumper removal?

ijlh

Advanced Member
I believe the front can be done by just removing the black trim clips on the slam panel, lifting it up and undoing the two screws. I took the bumper off and it was a doddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk