Honda CRZ - Post Winter Detail

Paul J Smith

Just posted these up today on my FaceBook page so I thought I'd share them here also.

A quick shot as I take delivery of a stunning little Honda

Post Winter Detail will consist of -

* Spray on Citrus Pre-Cleaner to assist with the removal of bonded road traffic debris.
* Snow foamed to remove surface dirt and grime.
* Washed using 2 bucket method using lambs wool mitt.
* Alloy wheels cleaned (inside and out) then sealed.
* Tyre walls cleaned and dressed.
* Wheel arches cleaned and protected.
* Door shuts cleaned and waxed.
* Tar deposits treated and removed.
* Clay-bar used to lift bonded contaminants.
* Vehicle re-rinsed and dried using ultra soft drying towels.
* Full hand polish to paintwork.
* Coat of wax applied.
* Exterior trim protected as necessary including tailpipes.
* Windows polished inside and out.

Rear shot after being sprayed with Citrus pre-cleaner and rinsed with jet wash.

Tar spots - prior to using clay bar, tar remover will be applied.

Inside wheel arch after being sprayed with Citrus pre-cleaner and rinsed with jet wash.

Soft detailing brush used to safely remove dirt deposits.

Two bucket method and lambs wool mitt - to safely remove dirt and grime from paint-work.

Iron-X - to safely dissolve embedded iron deposits.

Soft detailing brush - to safely remove the embedded iron deposits.

Clay bar - very little picked up as the tar remover and Iron-X worked so well.

Car then dried, polished and waxed to bring out the metallic flake in the paint.

Thanks for looking.

Paul J Smith

vtecpang said:
Thanks for sharing

Looks fantastic!
Thank you.

Credit to the owner, she has spent a small fortune on it.

Owner has also expressed an interest in a full photo-shoot . . . watch this space :xyes:

jambo

Advanced Member
Looks really nice. Got a soft spot for the crz. Is it me or the mugen kit look a different colour to the car.

itrsarg

Advanced Member
Cool looking little car that, got some nice touches, what size engine & power figures? :)

Brophy

Advanced Member
Lovely clean up mate :) love threads like this :p

Also yeah the mugen kit looks a purer white compared to rest of the car.

Paul J Smith

jambo said:
Looks really nice. Got a soft spot for the crz. Is it me or the mugen kit look a different colour to the car.
After all my work to remove fallout and debris from paintwork it did become more obvious.

The owner noticed it staright away after I reversed it out of my garage.

It was painted by a family member / friend so I think it may stay like that until she get's sick of people mentioning it :)

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I noticed that aswell. Nice little cars, i borrowed a mugen kitted one for a weekend a year and a bit ago and i was impressed with the car. but for what you pay for them its not really worth it. It's not particularly frugal and its not particularly sporty either. Its a jack of all trades car. But the split rear window really annoyed me! why have Honda done this with the last few cars, the new Insight, the current and last gen Civic and this. Its a really bad bit of design!

Meh, anyway, nice detail!

Mark_teg

Staff member
A nicely modded (and cared for) CRZ!

You're not wrong about it being little! Looks tiny next to your accord in the first pic :lol:

Paul J Smith

Coldfuse said:
I noticed that aswell. Nice little cars, i borrowed a mugen kitted one for a weekend a year and a bit ago and i was impressed with the car. but for what you pay for them its not really worth it. It's not particularly frugal and its not particularly sporty either.
I agree.

This has been lowered, a Fast Road Setup and with good tyres wrapped round those 18" FN2 alloys this little car handles really well.

Owner is looking at further performance mods now that she has the look she wants.