Honda Fog Light switch

zak_spede

I assumed that the blanking plate was used to mount the switch?? I've got a really rubbish looking aftermarket switch at the moment that has been placed in the slot the coinholder was in :(

Can someone tell me if the mounting plate for the starter button comes with the kit from japan parts??

playasyougo

Below is a picture of the back of the switch.

Andy,

Could you please point out the wiring connections im not sure which way up you mean ?

Thanks

zak_spede

This is probably a dumb question but how has everyone actually attached the wires to the switch?? Crimped some connectors onto a bit of wire? Soldered directly on to the pin outs (looks like a fiddly job to me)?

Thanks to Dave for getting me the switch in double quick time - top bloke! 8)

andyd

Advanced Member
zak_spede said:
This is probably a dumb question but how has everyone actually attached the wires to the switch?? Crimped some connectors onto a bit of wire? Soldered directly on to the pin outs (looks like a fiddly job to me)?

Just get some speaker cable clips and they push straight on :wink:

Andy

zak_spede

andyd said:
zak_spede said:

Andy

Andy,

Still being stupid, but what do you mean by 'speaker cable clips'?? And where can I get them from?
Cheers,
James.

andyd

Advanced Member
zak_spede said:
andyd said:
zak_spede said:

Andy

Andy,

Still being stupid, but what do you mean by 'speaker cable clips'?? And where can I get them from?
Cheers,
James.
ill have to get some pic's i've got some laying around some where. :shock: :|

Andy

zak_spede

cheers mate-

I've had the switch lying around for over a week now and no way of connecting it up. It's driving me nuts :shock: :|

Wootty

Advanced Member
You want the 1/4" female spade crimp connectors that you pick up in any motor parts place (halfords do them in bubble packs). If you get the insulated ones then you should not short anything out if you touch them against metal.

This ones unisulated but you should get the drift

Attachments

zak_spede

That's what I was looking for - Maplins didn't have any that were small enough. I'll try Halfrauds on the way home.

cheers,
James.

zak_spede

Have now got my switch installed and working perfectly (and I only blew the rear light fuse once :shock: ). Thanks everyone for your help.

Looking at the switch, there seem to be 2 LEDs in it - one for the green 'on' light and one to illuminate the fog light symbol. Wired pins 5 & 2 together and (separately) wired pins 1 & 3 together and I now have a properly illuminated fog light switch! The only downside is that the 2nd LED is orange and not red - might see if I can get a red LED fitted as it is currently spoiling the look of the dash a little (at least I can see it in the dark now, though!)

cheers,
James

(Thanks to Gonzo on the CTR forum for the diagram - here's the thread I lifted it from BTW: http://civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=46964)

Attachments

mikegsi

Staff member
my switch arrived this morning courtesy of dave at steels honda (finally got round to ordering it!!) will be fitting today thanks to this diagram!!, i'll get a piccy up afterwards!

zak_spede

mikegsi said:
my switch arrived this morning courtesy of dave at steels honda (finally got round to ordering it!!) will be fitting today thanks to this diagram!!, i'll get a piccy up afterwards!
Only slight trouble with wiring up the LED as well is that the foglight symbol glows orange not red - shouldn't be too difficult for the perfectionists amongst us to bung a red LED in there, though :)

mikegsi

Staff member
its actually an orange sleeve over the led, if you can get hold off another sleeve or some red paint or varnish it should look fine, just dont loose the spring when you take the switch apart!

dazza

Advanced Member
Has any one solved the problem of the orange sleeve and changing it to a red sleeve on the LED?

martin f

Has anyone got a rear light cluster fog light or is it one that hangs rather ugly down by the back valance?
I am trying to find out if i can get a conversion in my back light and take out one of the reversing lights, anyone help??

Martin

dan the man

Advanced Member
yeah many people have done it in the rar reverse just used a red bulbor painted the white one etc..