Honda Parts

David Fox

Advanced Member
Just done a search on a few sites and wonder if anyone can help. As some people will know, I am about to purchase my old DC5 off an owner member on here (Mr Ben Hatton, previous to him was Foxy Red). So naturally I'm happy, very happy (so happy my Mk 2 Focus RS is about to take second place to the Teg, no mean feat!) I am looking for a couple of parts, namely Wind Deflectors and a Gruppe M Induction. Had a Gruppe M on it previously, but will come totally standard (I think Foxy Red sold it separate) so there is no dissuading me from this, I love the noise it makes! What I am getting at is this; Does anyone know who sells the Gruppe M the cheapest? I know they are not cheap, but I am looking at £750.00 without VAT at the moment, which is a lot more than what I paid last time? The Deflectors come in at about £140.00 which is a fair one. If anyone knows any different, or indeed is about to sell one or both (fat chance I know) then by all means drop me a line!

Cheers,

Foxy

Rob R

Advanced Member
I believe they're still doing 5% off for Facebook fans as well so brings the price to about £680 shipped \:D/

Alternatively buy an ARC and save yourself £250!

David Fox

Advanced Member
civicjordan281 said:
Thats the best price Ive seen so far! Cheers for the link!

Rob R said:
I believe they're still doing 5% off for Facebook fans as well so brings the price to about £680 shipped \:D/

Thanks for the info, must add them to the list! I did think of the ARC, but the Gruppe M noise is hard to beat. Its worth the extra cost for that noise I think!

rodney

Advanced Member
My GM sounded good before the car was mapped, but now its mapped it sounds EPIC!

Good luck on your hunt.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Consider Tegiwa's 'M'....almost carbon copy of Gruppe M. Costs £330 delivered.

TimB

Advanced Member
Rob R said:

more like £220 you have to pay import release duties as well :-"

Rob R

Advanced Member
Was assuming everyone would be taking that into consideration as well.

TimB

Advanced Member
arc box is £460 all in via Touge, at the current rate of exchange etc, etc

David Fox

Advanced Member
Quite liking the ARC kit to be honest. Also seen the Tegiwa copy of the Gruppe M, anyone had one of these fitted? Half the price of the Gruppe M and look identical! But do they sound just as good?

Rob R

Advanced Member
I've got an ARC in the post to me at the moment from the land of the rising sun. Dotty also has one fitted and speaks very highly of it.

Has been proven to make more mid-range power over the GM but a little bit less top end, but unless you drive at 8600rpm everywhere you wont notice that [-(

David Fox

Advanced Member
dotty said:
David Fox said:
Quite liking the ARC kit to be honest.
ARC is good David, had a few GM's and wont be going back!
Did you get yours from Togue Distribution as well? Can't believe Im buying kit for the car and I dont pick it up until the end of March! :lol:

Rob R

Advanced Member
Don't worry I'd bought a set of wind deflectors and various other bits and pieces before getting the car, nothing wrong with planning ahead :lol: