Hondata mapping

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Will do but to be honest I trust Rich and PA implicitly. Their old race car dominated VTEC challenge and I've never had anything but superb service from them be it Honda or Evo.

He won't do a tweak or K100 though.
Booked in on Monday. Ta :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Nice one, let me know how you get on please.

I may be going the week after but it looks like I'm only getting 3 weeks pay this month so I'll have to see how that pans out.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member

Dropped off this morning. Asked to do valve clearance too, so should be ready tomorrow or Wednesday.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Car is back. Figures I'm told are very harsh on the dyno used, but it feels beautiful.

Delivery is buttery smooth across the entire range. VTEC comes in at 5200ish at my request as I prefer the classic feel.

Mod wise, I'm now running DC Mani, TegM intake, Mugen twin loop catback back and obviously KPRO.

Before figure was 218 at 8700 and 144 lb ft at 6500
After is 232 at 8600 and 146lb ft at 6600 (but remains solid at this until 8000!)

I wasn't number chasing, so the figures don't mean much to me, but do feel on the low side.

Service wise, more than happy. Pricier than others, but also 200 miles closer....

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Bolt ons but had Beppe's old kpro which was mapped for very similar mods.

When I put in the kpro (1k miles ago) the difference was massive, now it isn't quite the same leap, but just pulls a little better and far smoother.

That's the before run. When you overlay the two, there's a difference across the full range. I'll photos hope them together later.

When I did coombe in August, my mate came with a TDI mapped ep3, running similar mods. It was neck and neck on the power all day. His dyno states 247.8 @ tdi, so on their dyno I would expect mine to achieve similar numbers on the before run.

As I say though, I am more than happy with the actual power, just wanted it dialling in to the car. The increase is just a bonus.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Glad you're happy with it. Dyno numbers should always be taken with a pinch of salt and only used as a tuning tool.

I'll get mine mapped by Rich once I sort out other niggles and the intake.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
AneesR said:
I am planning on taking my DC5 to Chris at EFI Tuning in Runcorn. He has done a few cars on the S2000 owners club which is where I heard of him. He recently mapped by mates racing Clio and I've asked about the DC5 - he has done many DC5s and seems a safe bet.

http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/engine-mapping.php
I'd go with TDI North in Warrington tbh dude seen as you're close.

They have tons of experience in DC5's and Hondas. Your decision of course.

quinton

I can highly recommend Chris at EFI in runcorn. Very knowledgeable and helpful, again not a rushed job, i was there for 5 hours. Very happy with the continued after support too. Top guy. Well priced too. Cant remember exactly but i think it was £250 for the mapping.